Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shoes for kids that last...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
What do you reccomend? I have 4 girls and I'd like to buy shoes that can sometimes be passd down. I have bought Walmart, Payless and occasional jcp shoes but they wear out and are garbage in a few months. I'm not saving money that way. At the very least I want shoes that last until they are outgrown.

Are stride rite good? They are a bit more than I'd like to spend but if they acutely last they are a good deal.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Aug. 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM
I love Stride Rite for younger kids, and Sketchers for older kids (and me.)

I have 4 girls and 1 boy.
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM

I've bought my 7 yr old daughter shoes from Walmart,Target,Payless,Kmart,Justice,Old Navy,JcPenny,Kohls...pretty much everywhere,and I've never had an issue with shoes wearing out before they're outgrown.I'm usually able to turn around and resale her shoes to a consignment shop when she outgrows them because they still look so good.

momofhnd
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I always bought mine Nike. . They seemed to hold up for us.
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM
I buy my boys nikes, sperrys, toms, etc. I've passed several pairs of each down from my oldest to my youngest.
nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2014 at 11:59 PM
Callie has had Vans, DC, Converse, and UGGS. All have held up in almost perfect condition and have been passed down to Lexi who is wearing them all now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Nike shoes last a good while.
Elibellamiah
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:05 AM

I've bought lots of different brands and had Target shoes that I passed down and Vans and Oshkosh shoes that didn't make it through a couple of months. (The Oshkosh shoes were fine except that the velcro fell apart and there was no way to keep them on) I like to look for clearance shoes or good sales at Kohl's. The Nike and Stride Rite shoes I've gotten seemed to last, although I've only had one or two pairs of each.

Spdy85
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:53 AM
My son has a pair of chucks and a pair of supras, the supras are pretty sturdy. He's had chucks before and they are still around and they don't fit him anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM
My dd has had NB for going on three yrs now. Thank god her foot hasn't grown.
BostonGirl0301
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:57 AM
I've had good luck with Skechers and Nike.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)