Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do I tell my daughter her friend was killed? **Bump-date added**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies
My daughter's friend was spending the summer with her dad and was hit and killed on Friday night. She was riding her bike and a man not only hit and killed her, but dragged her body and then left the scene.

This is one of my daughter's best friends. I can't imagine what her parents are going through and my DH and I are wondering how to tell her. I can't stop crying because of the pain this is going to cause.

**Update - my DD is 11. I heard the story on Friday night, but didn't realize it was my DD's friend until this morning. I saw her picture on the news and started to cry. This is the first person who has died that my DD knows and this is so difficult. They just graduated middle school in June.**

••Bump-date: I told her and she broke down. I promised that we'd go to the memorial and funeral. It even made my DH cry (her stepdad). She hasn't been able to sleep, so she's in my bed, just laying her and talking when she needs to.

Thank you for the moms who offered support, guidance and kind words. They were all greatly appreciated.••
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM
How old is she?
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM
I'm sorry, I have no idea. So sorry for everyone's loss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Oh Jesus. I'm very sorry. How old is your daughter?
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry!
TheFairestOne
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM

BUMP!

babyblue415
by champagne on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:32 AM
My condolences. How old is your dd?
karlie2
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Tell her honestly but with only as much detail as needed. You might want to have her see a councilor. I'm so sorry. There is nothing more tragic than the loss of a child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. :( I don't think there is a good way. I would do it now though before she finds out from someone else and gets mad (irrationally) that you didn't tell her sooner.

I hope that she gets through this with your guidance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:33 AM
How old and when did you find out?
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Gently, I just went through this with DS, his friend was killed in a car accident. I am so sorry for your dds loss, my thoughts and prayers are with the family

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN