Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of those that use numerous coupons?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It's just a question.

I decided a few days ago that I'm going to start finding and using coupons. Do I have to do it? No. I just want to save more money.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:46 AM
5 moms liked this

I coupon, I stock up on non perishables a lot... (noodles, rice, frozen veggies etc)

I am guilty of taking coupons off of things... (I found some milk coupons one time and ran around to my friends houses using their computers (and my works computers with their permission) to print them off.. Milk, produce and meat coupons are EXTREMELY rare!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I think they don't know how to cook very well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM
That's why I want to do it. DH and I have 4 kids. We spend roughly $6-700 a month in groceries. I'll admit, we do eat well. However, if I could cut down that price, I think it'd be nice.

Quoting Anonymous: Smart to find ways to save money with the outrageous price of food now days.
Corieva
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I will. I do know that she is very OCD and uses spread sheets and stuff to make it work. Actually, I'm a bit nervous....

Quoting Anonymous: If you get any really good advice, please feel free to pass it on :)
Quoting Corieva:

I'm seeing a friend in a few days to learn how to do it properly. She's a coupon queen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I think it's great

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Why? No attitude involved in that question, I just want to know why you think that.

Quoting Anonymous: I think they don't know how to cook very well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:49 AM
I don't blame you! I just got a $3.00 off any meat coupon and with meat BOGO, I thought that was pretty awesome.

Quoting Anonymous:

I coupon, I stock up on non perishables a lot... (noodles, rice, frozen veggies etc)

I am guilty of taking coupons off of things... (I found some milk coupons one time and ran around to my friends houses using their computers (and my works computers with their permission) to print them off.. Milk, produce and meat coupons are EXTREMELY rare!!!!

lulumomof2
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I don't really think anything about them, since I use them too. I hate over paying for things and if I can save money on something then I will!

reitanmama
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM

I think it is great that they do it. I wish I had the time to sit down and do it but between my kids, school, work, and appointments I'm lucky if i have time to clean my house let alone sleep. I have a few friends that do it and they save a ton of money and bring home a ton of stuff for just a few bucks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:51 AM
I'd be nervous with that too.

I don't think I could do all that though. We have 4 kids, DH owns a business and works full time, I work part time, I'm homeschooling, and there are the extracurriculars.

Quoting Corieva:

I will. I do know that she is very OCD and uses spread sheets and stuff to make it work. Actually, I'm a bit nervous....

Quoting Anonymous: If you get any really good advice, please feel free to pass it on :)
Quoting Corieva:

I'm seeing a friend in a few days to learn how to do it properly. She's a coupon queen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)