Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of those that use numerous coupons?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It's just a question.

I decided a few days ago that I'm going to start finding and using coupons. Do I have to do it? No. I just want to save more money.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Replies (21-30):
lulumomof2
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:51 AM

how does using coupons equal not knowing how to cook very well?? Just curious why you think that

Quoting Anonymous: I think they don't know how to cook very well.

Dobermans are like Potato chips, nobody can have just one!

psychmommy627
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I spend maybe a few minutes before going out shopping cutting out coupons and typically save about 15-25$ on each weekly shopping trip. So that's about 80$ a month.  So Why not?  Why pay an extra 80$ when you don't have to.  Seems silly to me!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM
I understand that completely. I'm going to try and force some time in to do it for awhile and see if it's actually worth the time.

Quoting reitanmama:

I think it is great that they do it. I wish I had the time to sit down and do it but between my kids, school, work, and appointments I'm lucky if i have time to clean my house let alone sleep. I have a few friends that do it and they save a ton of money and bring home a ton of stuff for just a few bucks.

hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I use coupons on everything, doesnt matter where im at or going.. The only thing i refuse to do (and cant stand when others do) is clear a shelf. Yes i use multiples but i also keep in mind that others need the same products as my family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM
I agree, that's not bad at all. $80 would almost cover the dance classes my daughters take each month.

Quoting psychmommy627:

I spend maybe a few minutes before going out shopping cutting out coupons and typically save about 15-25$ on each weekly shopping trip. So that's about 80$ a month.  So Why not?  Why pay an extra 80$ when you don't have to.  Seems silly to me!

LTryon
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM
3 moms liked this
When I'm stuck behind them in line I think "oh boy! This is going to take forever!".

Buuuut then when I get done scanning my stuff (i use the u-scans) and I start scanning all of MY coupons, the machine says "beep", but I think "cha-CHING!".lol

I've just recently gotten into couponing, but I get a rush everytime the receipt says I saved more than I spent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:53 AM
I could care less. It's a great way to save money but I don't have time to sit there and clip them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:54 AM
I won't do that either. Yeah, I may like to stock up a little but I don't have a ton of extra space.

Quoting hopeful_leslie: I use coupons on everything, doesnt matter where im at or going.. The only thing i refuse to do (and cant stand when others do) is clear a shelf. Yes i use multiples but i also keep in mind that others need the same products as my family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Haha I'm excited about that too. I'm ready to see a receipt that says I saved a decent amount.

Quoting LTryon: When I'm stuck behind them in line I think "oh boy! This is going to take forever!".

Buuuut then when I get done scanning my stuff (i use the u-scans) and I start scanning all of MY coupons, the machine says "beep", but I think "cha-CHING!".lol

I've just recently gotten into couponing, but I get a rush everytime the receipt says I saved more than I spent.
Corieva
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I'm giving it a shot because she is one of the busiest people I know. She owns two businesses and will be out to jobs at 3AM and can sometimes put in 16 hour days. Her partner works full time and her daughter is very busy at school and with travel clubs. She says the couponing is easy once you get a system in place. I'm trusting her ;)

Quoting Anonymous: I'd be nervous with that too. I don't think I could do all that though. We have 4 kids, DH owns a business and works full time, I work part time, I'm homeschooling, and there are the extracurriculars.
Quoting Corieva:

I will. I do know that she is very OCD and uses spread sheets and stuff to make it work. Actually, I'm a bit nervous....

Quoting Anonymous: If you get any really good advice, please feel free to pass it on :)
Quoting Corieva:

I'm seeing a friend in a few days to learn how to do it properly. She's a coupon queen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)