Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of those that use numerous coupons?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It's just a question.

I decided a few days ago that I'm going to start finding and using coupons. Do I have to do it? No. I just want to save more money.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM
I don't blame you. I've never been able to figure out the extreme coupon thing. Just confuses me.

Quoting Anonymous: That's why I want to do it. DH and I have 4 kids. We spend roughly $6-700 a month in groceries. I'll admit, we do eat well. However, if I could cut down that price, I think it'd be nice.

Quoting Anonymous: Smart to find ways to save money with the outrageous price of food now days.
Pixers
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Nothing, cause I try to use coupons, but since most of the stuff I buy isn't what you find coupons for... /sigh .. damn it... lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:41 PM
I use them and save over hundreds of dollars at each shopping trip. I apply it to everything I do so I try to eat out cheaply, do family activities cheaply etc. with a family of 4. I work full time, DH owns his own business, I have 2 active kids with sports and activities as well...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bangersnmash
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Look more for the cleaning-health-beauty ones instead of food ones.  I go out of my way to cook healthy, and the only time coupons help there is around the holidays when things like flour and sugar get coupons.  What helps are all the ones for toilet paper, swiffer stuff, makeup, diapers when we needed them.

Quoting Pixers:

Nothing, cause I try to use coupons, but since most of the stuff I buy isn't what you find coupons for... /sigh .. damn it... lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM

That they probably eat a lot of crap.

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Unless it's turned into an obsession, I think it's a smart thing to do.
Turtles64
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:47 PM

Most of the stuff I need doesn't get coupons either.

I think it's good for people who do use them but sometimes I wish there was a dedicated register for coupon users. it sucks to get stuck behind someone that has a huge stack of them and you have to wait while she goes through each and everyone one of them and THEN it's not the right product and they stand there to argue about it.

Quoting Pixers:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I find it trashy.  The idea of dumpster diving for freakin coupons is completely INSANE to me.  Also buying shit that you will never use just to save money is something that I just can't wrap my head around.  I've watched extreme coupon shows in the past and in all honesty it doesn't inspire me at all.  Instead, I look at them like they have a serious problem and need help.

Pixers
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Oh I do, that is mainly what I use my coupons for.  Every once in a wild blue moon I will find a coupon for the good foods but not often.  I pay attention to the store flyers though to see what is on special though.  That is where I save the most, that and I buy certain meats in bulk but others if you read things right, it is cheaper to buy in the 2 packs.  Weird I know but there it is.  

Quoting bangersnmash:

Look more for the cleaning-health-beauty ones instead of food ones.  I go out of my way to cook healthy, and the only time coupons help there is around the holidays when things like flour and sugar get coupons.  What helps are all the ones for toilet paper, swiffer stuff, makeup, diapers when we needed them.

Quoting Pixers:

Pixers
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:52 PM

That drives me insane!! I make sure what coupons I am using are ready BEFORE i get to the register.  I am totally weird about that, I hate making people wait behind me LOL.  It actually drives my husband nuts because I am  in his words a "ball busting bitch, who takes nothing from no one" but I hate making people wait behind me at the store.  LOL

Quoting Turtles64:

Most of the stuff I need doesn't get coupons either.

I think it's good for people who do use them but sometimes I wish there was a dedicated register for coupon users. it sucks to get stuck behind someone that has a huge stack of them and you have to wait while she goes through each and everyone one of them and THEN it's not the right product and they stand there to argue about it.

Quoting Pixers:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN