Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

While eating in a restaurant with your small children....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 224 Replies
24 moms liked this

Stay in your damn seat.

do not parade your learning to walk kids around. You are in the way. No one cares about your kid. Servers are trying to quickly get hot food on uneven trays out to hungry guests. Just stay the hell out of their way.

Thank you. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:00 AM

b

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:02 AM
11 moms liked this
Lol what? Why woukd anyone just be walking around in the restaurant for no reason? I've been a server since I was 17 and I don't think I've ever seen a parent just parading their kid around...
seemommyrun
by Sue daNim on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Are you a server?  

(You just sound really angry)

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:04 AM
7 moms liked this

That was never a complaint of mine, people who don't tip? Now there's something to complain about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

People do it all the time. They'll have their kids hands helping them walk. "keeping them busy"...if you've been a server 10 or more years I don't believe you've never seen this. 

Quoting BrutalTruth: Lol what? Why woukd anyone just be walking around in the restaurant for no reason? I've been a server since I was 17 and I don't think I've ever seen a parent just parading their kid around...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I have no problem with that. I always get tipped, and really can't complain about the money I make.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

That was never a complaint of mine, people who don't tip? Now there's something to complain about.

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh God Yes! At the place I worked at it was 25 minute ticket times during the week and 30 on the weekend. Longer if you ordered the 20oz porterhouse well done.

People would walk their kids all around because the wait was to long.

Well no shit after a 1hr wait on the weekend little Joey doesn't want to sit.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:07 AM
4 moms liked this

My kids are out of the way but no I will not just stay in my seat this isn't an airplane.  Actually most people do think they cute and as long as they are happy and not screaming it is the easist way to amuse them until the food arrives. 

You really should find a new line of work because you sound pretty needlessly angry.

BEFORE THE NEXT PERSON QUOTES ME WITHOUT READING THROUGH THE POST!!  I DO NOT WALK THEM NEAR ANYONES TABLE OR NEAR ANY SERVERS OR WORKERS.  I EITHER WALK TO THE BATHROOM, WALK TO THE LOBBY OR OUTSIDE WHERE WE WAIT UNTIL THE FOOD ARRIVES SO WE ARE NOT WALKING BACK AND FORTH EITHER. 

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Six years. I really haven't lol
And if I have, they must not have been directly in my path because that would piss me off and I would remember it.

I did seriously watch a lady egg on her four/five year old as he was trying to take food off another tables plate not too long ago. Dumbass thought it was cute.

Quoting Anonymous:

People do it all the time. They'll have their kids hands helping them walk. "keeping them busy"...if you've been a server 10 or more years I don't believe you've never seen this. 

Quoting BrutalTruth: Lol what? Why woukd anyone just be walking around in the restaurant for no reason? I've been a server since I was 17 and I don't think I've ever seen a parent just parading their kid around...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:09 AM

It just makes me scratch my head that people don't understand that they are in the way. 

Quoting GhettoKoolAide: Oh God Yes! At the place I worked at it was 25 minute ticket times during the week and 30 on the weekend. Longer if you ordered the 20oz porterhouse well done. People would walk their kids all around because the wait was to long. Well no shit after a 1hr wait on the weekend little Joey doesn't want to sit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN