Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She put him back in pull-ups!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies

EDIT: SINCE THIS IS A KEY THING EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE TRYING TO BRING UP... 

Ds DOES NOT normally have 6 accidents a day. Usually he starts to wet himself and catches it and runs to the bathroom. And that may only happen twice a day. Other times he goes to the bathroom without a problem. I limit his drinks and ask him every now and then if he has to go to the bathroom. Sometimes he says no, other times he goes. He hadn't hardly had any accidents in a year then I had DD and he has regressed. He had 6 accidents that day because she let him have unlimited drink and never asked him once about going to the bathroom.

Ds is 4 and  went to visit my inlaws for 5 days. They live 300mi away and he loves to go so I let him before school starts up. Like many kids, he's potty trained but he has accidents if he's too busy playing and doesnt want to stop, or if he's really tired at night he sleeps too hard and doesn't wake up to go during the night. Well when I packed him to go I told her I had the pullups so he didn't wet her bed. I also told her to make sure he goes to the bathroom because he gets too busy and won't stop. So this is how it went... 

Day1: she calls and says he had 6 accidents. I asked her if she made him go and she said no. Then she said well he drinks a lot of drink all day. I told her no, he doesn't usually drink that much so she needed to limit his intake. I then find out she bought him Kool aid squeeze drinks and Capri suns so he was downing those since all he gets here is water, milk or the roaring water capri suns sparingly. So of course he will drink all day. 

Day 2: He had 2 accidents and she said she washed 5 loads of clothes that day so he would have enough clothes since he went through all the clothes I sent. ( I seriously sent like 6 outfits) 

After that she didn't say anymore and said he was doing fine. 

My mom gets him yesterday bc my husband has a job intervew monday in that town. Instead of driving 6hrs to get him Dh will bring him home Monday. Anyhow, so my mom gets DS to spend some time with him and she calls me because he won't put undies on. HE'S ASKING FOR PULLUPS. She said He was in a pull up when she got him but she assumed it was bc of the 3hr ride from MIL to my moms. Twice yesterday Ds had accidents and he told my mom "oh silly jude... I thought I had a pull up on" 

WTF! He's been trained since he was 2yrs old. Roughly a year and a half with little to no accidents during the day and randomly at night. He recently regressed and at his 4yr old check up the Pedi said don't worry about it because many do at this age but come out of it. Apparently MIL didn't like that he had accidents so put him full fledge in pull ups. I DIDN'T EVEN POTTY TRAIN HIM IN PULL UPS!  Ugh beyond pissed. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:43 AM

lmao you shouldnt have sent your kid if he was having potty issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:45 AM

She kept asking from him to go with her. She KNEW of his regression BEFORE she took him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

krazymom2boyz
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't blame you for being pissed! That was a totally ridiculous move on her part.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM

anyone having to deal with it would have put him back in pull ups, as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

She kept asking from him to go with her. She KNEW of his regression BEFORE she took him. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Maybe you would have, but no, not anyone would have. All you have to do is remind him to go to the bathroom end of story. If she didn't want to deal with his regression then she shouldn't have taken him. I didn't call her and say hey want to take him?? She came here and kept insisting she take him for a few days before school starts. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:50 AM

That would piss me off too. Now you're back to square one! Mil would not be having any overnights for a very long time, and I would not send pull ups for daytime visits. Also I would tell her, absolutely no juice, only water.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:50 AM

yep many would have and youre not worth arguing with so I didnt read past your first sentence in your comment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe you would have, but no, not anyone would have. All you have to do is remind him to go to the bathroom end of story. If she didn't want to deal with his regression then she shouldn't have taken him. I didn't call her and say hey want to take him?? She came here and kept insisting she take him for a few days before school starts. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:51 AM

He would cry if I tried to put a pull up on him..... ugh.. I feel like I'm going to be back at square one. 

Quoting krazymom2boyz: I don't blame you for being pissed! That was a totally ridiculous move on her part.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM

lol.. have a good day and go try to be a bitch somewhere else. You've failed horribly on this post. 

Quoting Anonymous:

yep many would have and youre not worth arguing with so I didnt read past your first sentence in your comment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Uhh no....they would limit his fluid intake and remind him to go potty all day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)