Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you leave if he hit you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 260 Replies
5 moms liked this
My husband pushed me down once. We were in a really heated argument. I told him it was unacceptable and he needed to start counseling. Which he did. It's never happened again. That was 6 years ago. It was 2 years into our marriage. You seem to all jump to divorce so quick and say things like it only gets worse. Leave asap. Seems like most of you don't even try to work things out.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:46 AM
15 moms liked this
Pushing down is different then getting punched in the face by a man...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:46 AM
My SO changed as well. He had a hard time containing himself. Now he is doing really well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM
She said hit not punched. Huge difference.

Quoting Anonymous: Pushing down is different then getting punched in the face by a man...
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:47 AM
2 moms liked this

Having been in an abusive relationship previously, I would leave my husband in a heartbeat if he ever laid a hand on me in anger.

CafeMom Tickers
crescentstar2
by Anne on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:48 AM
If he full on hit me I'd be majorly hurt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I would call the police and let them take care of it right then and there. If it was a one time thing, with ONLY him pushing me down, we would more than likely separate until he could fully prove to me that it won't ever happen again. Counseling, anger management, whatever it would take. THEN and only then  could we live together again as husband and wife. If he couldn't/wouldn't deal with those things then we'd be divorcing. Punching or beating me in any other way would not be tolerated more than once, absolutely not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
You really think so? Hit and punched are the same to me ((shrugs))

Quoting Anonymous: She said hit not punched. Huge difference.

Quoting Anonymous: Pushing down is different then getting punched in the face by a man...
rockgal81
by Steph on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Pushing once, I'd probably stay but make him go to counseling depending on the circumstance. A slap, punch, kick, etc...he'd be gone that instant, with no second chances. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Even if he punched me my reaction would have been the same. Get help or I leave. Everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect. He was hit a lot as a kid. Obviously it's affected his adult life. I could have left. Gave up. But he was a good person. After counseling he worked through his problems and is so happy now. He thanks me for forcing him to take that step and not just walk away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:49 AM
I thought the same as well...

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

Having been in an abusive relationship previously, I would leave my husband in a heartbeat if he ever laid a hand on me in anger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)