Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about"- EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 333 Replies
11 moms liked this

Poll

Question: Do you feel that it is appropriate to attempt to be polite to other human beings no matter what you are going through in life?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 138

View Results

Edit: I wanted to thank some of you for stepping up politely and offering me your different and valuable perspectives. But there were quite a few of you who were very negative. It makes me wonder if you think the world isn't rude and crude enough as it is and you need to go stamping out every nicety you find along the way in your path in life. Either way, it was a great post. I learned a lot and appreciated the responses, with the exception of those who cursed at me.

We all are fighting battles. Very difficult ones. It doesn't give you a reason to be a jerk or act weird just because you are "fighting a battle" we all know nothing about. I was complaining once about my friend's weird and somewhat anti-social behavior and someone said, "Be patient with her, she's probably fighting a battle you know NOTHING about!" BS. I've been fighting battles everyone knows "nothing about" all of my life and you know what" It doesn't give me license to be anti-social, rude, snappy or moody to friends OR strangers.

I have been battling a difficult mental illness most of my life, but my psychiatrist said, "You are my easiest patient. When you're manic, you're nice. When you're depressed, you're nice. When you are panicky, you're nice. When you are stressing, you're nice". 

Why am I nice, even though I'm hurting? Because it's not the public's fault that I'm sick. Do I want a cookie? NO. This should be normal human behavior.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I agree
Hubris_Huntsman
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:33 PM
36 moms liked this
Not everyone deals with stress as well as you do and you aren't being very nice about THAT.
crescentstar2
by Anne on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:33 PM
6 moms liked this
I want a cookie

You seem a tad angry
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:34 PM

BUMP!

ttriddick
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:34 PM
4 moms liked this
This.

Quoting Hubris_Huntsman: Not everyone deals with stress as well as you do and you aren't being very nice about THAT.
Banana.Time
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:34 PM
7 moms liked this
You aren't being nice now. Everyone's different. You should know that......
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly.

Quoting Hubris_Huntsman: Not everyone deals with stress as well as you do and you aren't being very nice about THAT.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Yay for you.  Everyone does things differently.  Some people are assholes.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM
Lol

Quoting crescentstar2: I want a cookie

You seem a tad angry
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:36 PM
4 moms liked this

A little pissy you're right, because I keep hearing the excuses: she's been through this and he's been through that. Well HELLO we all have been through crap in our lives. People use difficulties as an excuse to be jerks and that's just not right!

Quoting crescentstar2: I want a cookie You seem a tad angry

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)