Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Go Fund Begging

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:51 PM
  • 144 Replies
1 mom liked this

Am I the only one that finds it getting out of hand?  So many people are looking for hand outs.  

I have a friend who had a baby, she asked for people to cook meals and or order meals for her for the first few weeks.  Then she posted asking for money to be donated so she can buy a hearing aid.  

I have several friends who have asked for money for funeral expenses for a family member.  And I even had a friend start a page up for money a security deposit for a new apartment because she is being evicted from her current apartment.  

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup, I just posted a similar post a total stranger was promoting her friend on a fb site who wants money to continue fertility treatments.

I'm going to set up a vacation fund and ask people to donate.
mishamama
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:54 PM
People are fucking ridiculous. I know someone who has a go-fund me for their "dream wedding" at Disneyland that must happen this Christmas!
mammabear87
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:55 PM
5 moms liked this

I want boobs. I think I will make me a gofundme.

momofthree0429
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:56 PM

Try it!  lol

Quoting Anonymous: Yup, I just posted a similar post a total stranger was promoting her friend on a fb site who wants money to continue fertility treatments. I'm going to set up a vacation fund and ask people to donate.

Texor
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:56 PM
4 moms liked this

When my husband's first wife died he had to ask for donations from friends and family.  Her medical expenses drained them.

If you don't want to donate, don't.  It's pretty simple.

Smorton64
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:57 PM
Ooo! That's a good one, I need one like that too!

Quoting mammabear87:

I want boobs. I think I will make me a gofundme.

momofthree0429
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:57 PM

OH wow, that is crazy.  Are pepole giving money?

Quoting mishamama: People are fucking ridiculous. I know someone who has a go-fund me for their "dream wedding" at Disneyland that must happen this Christmas!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:59 PM
My cousin had one to give his daughter a "dream visit" this last summer. He doesn't have custody and she lives in Canada with her mother, but he wanted like $5,000 given to him, the consensus of the family was "damn, I want my kid to have a good summer too" he got like $300.
DrunkenFaeGirl
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 2:59 PM

The ones that get me are people who never talk to you and then PM you on FB asking you to go donate to them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:01 PM
My nephews mom set up a gofundme in 2012 to get a lawyer for custody of him. Her parental rights were terminated in 2010 lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN