Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

North East Mommas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

Have you noticed a change in your weather the past few years?

The last 3 summers have not been as hot as they usually are, milder and less humid.  Last winter was freezing cold.  I don't remember it being that cold in years and years.

I'm kind of bummed. We have a huge pool this year and havent been able to enjoy it much, its too cold.  

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daniellegirly26
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:26 PM
I live in northeast Pennsylvania. We had a brutal and long winter.
This summer has been hot and humid. A bit more mild the last week and a half. The kids have been swimming since the end of June.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:29 PM

I was just telling my SO this. This summer has been very cool. Not many beach or pool days =/

Shelleyb413
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:29 PM
I live in WNY.
Extreme cold this past winter....multiple days/weeks in the negatives then this crap summer :(
missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:31 PM
I'm in ct, this summer has definitely been less hot and humid and I'm loving it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:31 PM

By now, usually we would have made several day trips to NJ to the beach, we haven't this year, its just not been warm enough and I hear the water temp is cold.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I was just telling my SO this. This summer has been very cool. Not many beach or pool days =/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:34 PM
I'm in North East PA too & pretty much dealing with the same thing. It seems as if we had a really short summer and fall is going to come sooner. The rain is what is bothering me the most.

Quoting daniellegirly26: I live in northeast Pennsylvania. We had a brutal and long winter.
This summer has been hot and humid. A bit more mild the last week and a half. The kids have been swimming since the end of June.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:34 PM

I'm loving it because my electric bill is lower.  lol

Quoting missymackie: I'm in ct, this summer has definitely been less hot and humid and I'm loving it

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Yes the last week had been almost like the fall. Lovin it
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Us too in cetral pa, we havent had much rain tho, our grass is turning brown

Quoting Anonymous: I'm in North East PA too & pretty much dealing with the same thing. It seems as if we had a really short summer and fall is going to come sooner. The rain is what is bothering me the most.

Quoting daniellegirly26: I live in northeast Pennsylvania. We had a brutal and long winter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Looks like when the kids go back to school, they will be able to wear their fall clothing.  For like 15 years, they were still wearing shorts.  And last year was the first Halloween I remember since I was a kid that it was cold.  

Quoting Anonymous: I'm in North East PA too & pretty much dealing with the same thing. It seems as if we had a really short summer and fall is going to come sooner. The rain is what is bothering me the most.
Quoting daniellegirly26: I live in northeast Pennsylvania. We had a brutal and long winter. This summer has been hot and humid. A bit more mild the last week and a half. The kids have been swimming since the end of June.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)