Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Things you may not know about being in debt that can actually help you feel better

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

http://www.military.com/money/personal-finance/credit-debt-management/8-things-debt-collectors-wont-tell-you.html

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/state-statutes-of-limitations-for-old-debts-1.aspx

http://credit.about.com/od/debtcollection/qt/debtvalidation.htm

Knowing this information has helped us a lot.  For 2 of our accounts, collection agencies couldn't provide us with the original account opening information so they had no choice but to write it off.  

Add your tips if you have any.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:14 PM
How about don't get in debt you will never get out of? People get in debt trying to keep up with appearances and then want to cry about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes, our medical bills are all about keeping up with the Jones's.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: How about don't get in debt you will never get out of? People get in debt trying to keep up with appearances and then want to cry about it.
crysiann
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:17 PM
None of my debt was from trying to keep up appearances. It is all medical, some debt you simply can't help.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: How about don't get in debt you will never get out of? People get in debt trying to keep up with appearances and then want to cry about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Eh, everyone lives and learns different lessons in different ways.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:53 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:56 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:57 PM
My debt is all medical. Not about keeping up with appearances. Maybe you would do good to keep your head out of your ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:58 PM

I am a credit councilor.  What most people do not know is that 63% of Americans debt is medical expenses.  But people like to judge.

Quoting Anonymous: My debt is all medical. Not about keeping up with appearances. Maybe you would do good to keep your head out of your ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:01 PM
You're damned right ElleTea22 is judgmental beyond her means. Way to generalize moron (not you OP)

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a credit councilor.  What most people do not know is that 63% of Americans debt is medical expenses.  But people like to judge.

Quoting Anonymous: My debt is all medical. Not about keeping up with appearances. Maybe you would do good to keep your head out of your ass.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:01 PM

That was nice of you to share. I hope someone can use this information.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN