Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE dogs!!!!!!!!!! - DH loves them.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

DH loves animals, and wants a dog soooooooo bad. The problem is I hate animals. I don't mind other people's animals, but I don't want any of my own. I'm ok with being the crazy aunt in that instance. DH and I are polar opposites when it comes to animals.

Today he sent me a link to a lab puppy ready for adoption. Now he's mad at me because I said no. It's not the first time I've said no. I've said no for the past 12 years, lol. One time he weezled his way into getting one, and it turned out to be Kujo. We recently had to put her down because she was territorial and had a habit of biting children. And no, her behavior had nothing to do with me. I never mistreated her, and she was well cared for. I just didn't cuddle with her on the couch like DH and the kids would do. 

Anyway, I guess this is just a vent, because it's not like any of you can actually help my situation, lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Sounds like dh and I. Mine I can't do cats because of allergies though.

He loves cats I love dogs. We have two dogs now and one is his little baby.
FoxFire363
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:32 PM
I'm not sure my advice will help. I was a solid cat person. I didn't like dogs generally, except for a few specific ones. Then we finally got a dog for my wife who decided he was my dog and won me over. Now I keep insisting I'm not a dog person, while buying him expensive food and giving him stupid nicknames. Then the other day I finally agreed to get a puppy. I loathed dogs for years, and now I've failed at not being a dog person. Maybe insist he let you pick the dog? I picked ours.
MicheleJM
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Tell him what i told my son...if you want a dog you go volunteer at the Humane Society, learn how to train and care for a dog first.  that stopped him because he doesn't want to do the work.  i told him look...I've had dogs.  I ended up doing all the training and all the care.  Your dad didn't have the time to help.  Homie don't want to do that anymore.  So that was my rule and he refused to volunteer.  You no volunteer me no get dog, lol.  I like dogs--so long as they are someone else's.  Doing the training and the care brings me no joy so there's no sense in my getting a dog right now.  Maybe when I'm retired and lonely...

cbuck88
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM

aw that sucks.. both people really need to be on board for an animal, especially a dog. I love my dog but shes sooo needy.. I honestly think shes more needy then my toddler. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:36 PM
You put the dog down! Why not re home her!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:42 PM

It's almost impossible to rehome a dog that bites. I tried for months, but no one would take her. Even all the animal shelters in the area said they wouldn't adopt them out, they would be euthanized.

Quoting Anonymous: You put the dog down! Why not re home her!

Larae1990
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I LOVE MY DOG, He's and old guy now (13) I've had him since I was 8. He's so well trained. He can open the door to go out and close it when he comes in. He will sit on my front porch all day and not bark at a single person (until they step foot on my lawn) he says "I LOVE YOU"

when my daughter was learning to walk she would hold on to his collar, and he would lead her around. He's so absolutely amazing! He shakes hands. He "mothered" my baby kitty and would carry him in his mouth. He's the best. He's so protective too, when my hubby raises his voice to me my bingo will stand in between us and growl at him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)