Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Almost got hit by a FIRE TRUCK!

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

Yesterday I was driving and I was stopped at a red light while I was in the left turning lane. Both lanes besided me were full of cars I could not move! I took drivers ed when I was in high school I was always told when at an intersection stay put they will go around you so I did. I could see the truck coming up behind me in my rear view mirror. He was on the opposite side of the road so I thought okay im fine hes already going around the traffic he could see the lanes were full. As I see a lady coming through the intersection from the other side of the road! I lost my mind! I was honking the fire truck was honking for this lady to get out of the way. The truck was right beside me at this point alls I could was if this truck hits me my baby is in the back seat shes the first to get hit! This lady had to jump the curb to get out of the way! I was so scared that was way to close for my likings! Did this lady not wonder why the traffic wasnt moving? Or Did you not hear the sirens? This could have been very bad! 

Way to scary I do not want to do this again. 

COME JOIN THE L.O.L GROUP FOR A GOOD LAUGH!

www.cafemom.com/group/120396

juggling

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Kitty_Myrick
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:41 PM

There in Tucson a guys family sued and won agent the Fire Department her for wrongful death because they hit him wile he was making a left.

cat 

BeAmour
by Tonya on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Lets just say....people are FUCKING STUPID when they see the lights/sirens. Until you've been on the other side to see the stupidity, you'll never know. Lol
Court112
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:48 PM

Thats true! I hate being at an intsection when the trucks go out for that reason it makes me nervous. If I had the opportunity to aviod the intersection I would have. 

Quoting BeAmour: Lets just say....people are FUCKING STUPID when they see the lights/sirens. Until you've been on the other side to see the stupidity, you'll never know. Lol

COME JOIN THE L.O.L GROUP FOR A GOOD LAUGH!

www.cafemom.com/group/120396

juggling

mrsmoonbeam
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:51 PM
I HATE IT when people dont want to pull over for emergency vehicles. You never know they might be headed to one of your loved ones house. When I was little we were out and this woman didnt want to move over for a fire truck and the driver got on the loud speaker and told her to pullover. she looked so pissed

Quoting BeAmour: Lets just say....people are FUCKING STUPID when they see the lights/sirens. Until you've been on the other side to see the stupidity, you'll never know. Lol
JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:58 PM

That is soooooo scary!

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I get calls at work saying, "Ma'am, you need to send the police. There is a wreck on the interstate and traffic is backed up and these tow trucks are running down the emergency lane!"
WTF? I can't tell you how badly I want to say,"You are an idiot, aren't you?" 

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad you're ok
BeAmour
by Tonya on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:49 PM
I've been interning for a while now and I ride on a rescue and we have an accompanying engine that runs with us. Just watching people react to seeing us is incredible.

People do not know how to react so many times.

Quoting mrsmoonbeam: I HATE IT when people dont want to pull over for emergency vehicles. You never know they might be headed to one of your loved ones house. When I was little we were out and this woman didnt want to move over for a fire truck and the driver got on the loud speaker and told her to pullover. she looked so pissed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)