Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DONT MAKE ME THE BAD GUY!

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
So my oldest DS is 5 and goes to his dads (my ex) every other weekend. My ex also had 3 weeks over the summer and I've let him had a lot of extra time. Like several weekends I let him keep DS until Monday morning, instead of bringing DS home on Sunday evening.

But the last time this happened my DS was in a super bad mood because his Dad had to go to work early and had to get DS up at 5:30am.

I told my ex that was the last time since school was going to start back. I reminded him when e picked DS up Friday that DS needed to be home ON TIME Sunday night because I wanted to get DS back into his normal bedtime routine for school.

Well today my ex had DS call me to see if he could spend the night tonight and come home tomorrow. I told DS to let me talk to his father.

I reminded him everything I had said before and what does he do? Tells DS that I said "No." Instead of beignet a responsible parent and saying "sorry bud I've got to work early tomorrow and you have to go home to get good rest," he blames me!

When he brings DS back tonight I am going to have a long chat with him.

How would he feel if I had DS call him every time he was late I child support? Or if I told DS " sorry bud Daddy didn't pay me this week so no Karate."

Which I would never do. I keep DS out of adult things and my DH makes enough money to pay for DS Karate lessons without child support.

But it pisses me off that he will emotionally manipulate our child like that and make me the bad guy!
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:06 PM
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM

One of my best friend's ex is like that, he won't even talk to her on the phone, he makes the kids do it, he bad mouths her to the kids, and the kids take it out on her. The courts have told him to stop, but he continues. 

hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
When ds gets home and asks why ask him if he likes having to get up at 5:30. If he says no, just day that's why. Don't bring his daddy into it bad mouth him. My dad did this when I was younger and I learned later that my dads an ass.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this
You left out "me". I agree. Don't put the kids in the middle.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Oops. I was typing this and nursing a toddler.

:)

Quoting bleumonster: You left out "me". I agree. Don't put the kids in the middle.
Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM
Ugh it is so annoying

Quoting DanaG70:

One of my best friend's ex is like that, he won't even talk to her on the phone, he makes the kids do it, he bad mouths her to the kids, and the kids take it out on her. The courts have told him to stop, but he continues. 

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:41 PM

It is, and unfortunately it's beginning to take a toll between my friend and her kids. It was bad enough that it took almost 5 years to get the divorce and he's been working on their minds for just as long... She's having real problems with them now. I just want to kick him in the balls. On top of everything else, his mother also puts the her down in front of the kids too.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon: Ugh it is so annoying
Quoting DanaG70:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)