Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i love how people think you can reuse school clothes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 523 Replies
2 moms liked this
Not everyone can. For instance. Last year my dd was 5'2 and 85lbs .now she is 5'5 and 112. Yea she can't reuse. My son was 4'2 and 60lbs and now he is 4'5 and 85lbs and his pants last year was khaki have holes in thw knees. Last year both kids had uniforms neither will this year.

Shoes same thing. My sons shoes wasn't fitting him at the end of the year he was a size 2 now he is a size 4. My dd went from a size 6 to 7..

Not everyone can reuse school clothes

Edit:
My kids had a growth spurt during the summer..

Edit
some of you are fucking idiots. First my kids is none o your fucking business so just fucking stop. 2nd my kids are not fucking fat you have to be bunch of dumbasses to think so.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:08 PM
My children grew out of last years shoes, and DD and DS are too tall for all of their pants now. They have to get new fall and winter clothing.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:09 PM
8 moms liked this

So they gained 20 pounds in 2 months? What were they wearing when school was still in session in June?

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:10 PM
20 moms liked this
I buy as they need but don't buy a while new wardrobe all at once. We've never had to do that.
skyes_mama
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I am thankful DD can reuse some of her school cloths from last year! She had jumpers and elastic adjustable waistband shorts we are reusing. Her shirts wer really big last year so this year they are perfect! We had to buy new shoes though.
Pixers
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this

My youngest in the span of a summer, yes THIS SUMMER, went from 5'2 (maybe 5'1) to almost 6' ... he needs a WHOLE new wardrobe.  

Used to be the oldest gave his outgrown stuff to the youngest.. In the span of 2 months it got reversed... 

nocalmegan
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this
This lol 20# over one summer is a lot!

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

So they gained 20 pounds in 2 months? What were they wearing when school was still in session in June?

Texor
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:12 PM
3 moms liked this

We spent $500 on school uniforms for one kid last year.  (They are specific plaid uniforms with a blazer that you can only purchase at ONE uniform store.) We had my daughter's skirts altered this year because I did not want to spend the money again.  It was much cheaper to let them out and drop the hem.  $10 per skirt as opposed to $50 each for new ones.

the.B.karma
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:12 PM
3 moms liked this

....... Ok? I think ANY mom would know that kids grow.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:13 PM
3 moms liked this

Have you asked your doctor about his weight gain? That is a really heavy 4'5.

bethpelle
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:13 PM
4 moms liked this
My kids have never been able to reuse them. They wear uniforms and in August we give them back to te school who hands them out to parents who can't afford them. Works well I think
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)