Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i love how people think you can reuse school clothes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Not everyone can. For instance. Last year my dd was 5'2 and 85lbs .now she is 5'5 and 112. Yea she can't reuse. My son was 4'2 and 60lbs and now he is 4'5 and 85lbs and his pants last year was khaki have holes in thw knees. Last year both kids had uniforms neither will this year.

Shoes same thing. My sons shoes wasn't fitting him at the end of the year he was a size 2 now he is a size 4. My dd went from a size 6 to 7..

Not everyone can reuse school clothes

Edit:
My kids had a growth spurt during the summer..

Edit
some of you are fucking idiots. First my kids is none o your fucking business so just fucking stop. 2nd my kids are not fucking fat you have to be bunch of dumbasses to think so.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM

That's a lot of weight to gain.

slb235
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM

You can... sometimes.

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Yea... 25 pounds over summer break- I think you need to take your kids to the doctor. That is NOT normal.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:16 PM
2 moms liked this
Ok, so just because you can't reuse items doesn't mean that nobody can. Some kids grow faster than others, and some years kids have growth spurts some years they don't. I think we all pretty much are aware of these things.
hyper_bunny
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:16 PM
That's true
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:16 PM

I hear you.  My son has grown several inches and not only do his pants not fit, but his shirts are too short.  And he's jumped 2 shoe sizes just this summer.  DD has some things she can reuse, but most of her pants are no longer school quality and her feet have grown as well.  But DS, yeah, he needs a whole new wardrobe.

amberlyp
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:17 PM
3 moms liked this
Huh? Is this an actual argument people have been having??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Well, they were probably wearing shorts and tee shirts at the end of school and will be in jeans and sweatshirts in no time.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

So they gained 20 pounds in 2 months? What were they wearing when school was still in session in June?

CameraMum
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:18 PM

We don't re-use either, we also have to do uniforms so things that fit at the begining of one school year most likely are not going to fit the next.

Poop, shoes that I purchase at the start of the year are outgrown by Christmas break.

Tigress22304
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:18 PM

This is what I do as well.

DH's ex wife buys her 3 kids and her 2 stepkids brand new full wardrobes every summer-and then by Nov/Dec-she's returning for larger sizes because the kids grew out of the clothes before even wearin them.

I buy for my daughter all year long-maybe MAYBE 2-3 outfits a month (I also know how to sew) and her clothes last better.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: I buy as they need but don't buy a while new wardrobe all at once. We've never had to do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)