Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i love how people think you can reuse school clothes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Not everyone can. For instance. Last year my dd was 5'2 and 85lbs .now she is 5'5 and 112. Yea she can't reuse. My son was 4'2 and 60lbs and now he is 4'5 and 85lbs and his pants last year was khaki have holes in thw knees. Last year both kids had uniforms neither will this year.

Shoes same thing. My sons shoes wasn't fitting him at the end of the year he was a size 2 now he is a size 4. My dd went from a size 6 to 7..

Not everyone can reuse school clothes

Edit:
My kids had a growth spurt during the summer..

Edit
some of you are fucking idiots. First my kids is none o your fucking business so just fucking stop. 2nd my kids are not fucking fat you have to be bunch of dumbasses to think so.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Shh.

Mom2Just1
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:20 PM

We buy clothes as needed.  We don't do back to school shopping.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

imthatgirl0607
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:20 PM
I dont even buy "school clothes". I dont understand the point.
2babymomma
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM
That's what I'm wondering. I'd be concerned if my daughter gained 30 pounds over the summer.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

So they gained 20 pounds in 2 months? What were they wearing when school was still in session in June?

CharmMom1216
They also grew several inches that can contribute to the weight gain and muscle weighs more than fat.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

So they gained 20 pounds in 2 months? What were they wearing when school was still in session in June?

Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM

They have a few things from the end of the year that still fit. 

But I had to buy a couple of things to make it through (they have a dress code and the shorts they wore at the start of school, didn't fit at the end)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:21 PM

This is the first year we have only picked up a few things.  Last year she hit a growing spurt once school was out.  I even had to but a new bathing suit and shorts to finish out the summer.

mrsmoonbeam
Just went through my sons clothes. we have to get him all new shorts and shirts for school. we live in Oklahoma so it will be warm enough for shorts for a month or so. he has two pairs of jeans he can still wear. but he needs new shoes. and underware. I can get clothes for colder weather a little later.
nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Not really the same concept... but I have been holding on to a pair of size 10 jeans I had from a year before I was pregnant. (Yes I am kinda chubby but its mostly my wide hips) I have been wearing size 16 for about a year and a half now. Few weeks ago I decided to torture myself and try them on and THEY FIT! I was so happy!

Dd has grown out of most of her clothes from last year as well though.
Ms_mom_81
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 5:22 PM

ok....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN