Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I forgot to feed my kids

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:56 PM
  • 21 Replies

We woke up late today. By the time we were eating breakfast I think it was 10am. My husband and I went out to do yard work around 11 or maybe it was noon already, then eh hem, a quick shower and it was 3pm. Oops. The kids were just playing, no one said a word about food. LOL so now it's nearly 4pm and we've just finished lunch. Should make for an interesting and very small dinner. They want to go for a bike ride tonight, but the way our day is going it will be 7pm before we get out there. Where did this day go?

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:58 PM
After 3:30 we skip to dinner and ditch lunch. Lol
AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM

My husband and I were so hungry though. I think we'll be having salad for dinner or may be just snacks on our bike ride. I'm happy about the help I got in the yard though. It's too big a job for just me.

Quoting Anonymous: After 3:30 we skip to dinner and ditch lunch. Lol

missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM
That's why I hate getting up late, ruins the whole day! Although sleeping in does feel good lol
AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:08 PM

I agree! My dad used to get so mad if we slept in on the weekend. He'd say we were sleeping the day away. It's true. 

Quoting missymackie: That's why I hate getting up late, ruins the whole day! Although sleeping in does feel good lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Seems like the weekends we are always off on meals lat breakfast and early dinner is the usual and then cookies or something gets made to snack on the rest the night.

Quoting AvantGardener:

My husband and I were so hungry though. I think we'll be having salad for dinner or may be just snacks on our bike ride. I'm happy about the help I got in the yard though. It's too big a job for just me.

AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM

My husband usually has Saturday and Sunday off each week with exception to the first Saturday of the month. I think that's the issue for me. It doesn't even feel like Sunday because he wasn't here yesterday, now the day is almost gone. :(

Quoting Anonymous: Seems like the weekends we are always off on meals lat breakfast and early dinner is the usual and then cookies or something gets made to snack on the rest the night.
Quoting AvantGardener:

elzmnsf
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:15 PM

I actually really love days like that.

AvantGardener
by Song Bird on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM

If I can slow down for the rest of it and enjoy it, I think I'll be good. Right now I feel like I missed it.

Quoting elzmnsf:

I actually really love days like that.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:17 PM

I love sleeping in.

the_dude
by abides on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM

im getting mine ready for bed... it's past 7 here! yay!!! bedtime coming up quick! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)