Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We woke up late today. By the time we were eating breakfast I think it was 10am. My husband and I went out to do yard work around 11 or maybe it was noon already, then eh hem, a quick shower and it was 3pm. Oops. The kids were just playing, no one said a word about food. LOL so now it's nearly 4pm and we've just finished lunch. Should make for an interesting and very small dinner. They want to go for a bike ride tonight, but the way our day is going it will be 7pm before we get out there. Where did this day go?

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 6:56 PM
Replies (11-20):
AvantGardener
by extremely humble on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:21 PM

I probably won't get mine to bed before 10 tonight. lol

Quoting the_dude:

im getting mine ready for bed... it's past 7 here! yay!!! bedtime coming up quick! 

vanillalattemom
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Linner. It happens sometimes.
HandMmom12
by Jody on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM

Hehehe! In the shower, apparently! ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM
My dh works weekends when they need him and we always end up with a lazy sunday then since it is his only day off. It is odd for him to do something on those weekends. Lol

Quoting AvantGardener:

My husband usually has Saturday and Sunday off each week with exception to the first Saturday of the month. I think that's the issue for me. It doesn't even feel like Sunday because he wasn't here yesterday, now the day is almost gone. :(

Quoting Anonymous: Seems like the weekends we are always off on meals lat breakfast and early dinner is the usual and then cookies or something gets made to snack on the rest the night.

Quoting AvantGardener:

My husband and I were so hungry though. I think we'll be having salad for dinner or may be just snacks on our bike ride. I'm happy about the help I got in the yard though. It's too big a job for just me.

Quoting Anonymous: After 3:30 we skip to dinner and ditch lunch. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids would never let me forget a meal! Even if we eat a late breakfast they are asking for lunch and hour later.
AvantGardener
by extremely humble on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

That was really quick. lol 10 minutes, maybe 15 TOPS! lol We both needed to rinse off, it was actually very good time management. 

Quoting HandMmom12:

Hehehe! In the shower, apparently! ;)

AvantGardener
by extremely humble on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband has ADHD. He gets bored if we don't have some sort of plans. If we didn't do something I would loose him to his Ipad for the day. :( He's in his office now finishing some work and I bet he has the lap top up, with some movie playing on the Ipad at the same time. I could sit on the porch and do nothing for hours. We're opposites in that way.

Quoting Anonymous: My dh works weekends when they need him and we always end up with a lazy sunday then since it is his only day off. It is odd for him to do something on those weekends. Lol
Quoting AvantGardener:

My husband usually has Saturday and Sunday off each week with exception to the first Saturday of the month. I think that's the issue for me. It doesn't even feel like Sunday because he wasn't here yesterday, now the day is almost gone. :(

Quoting Anonymous: Seems like the weekends we are always off on meals lat breakfast and early dinner is the usual and then cookies or something gets made to snack on the rest the night.
Quoting AvantGardener:

My husband and I were so hungry though. I think we'll be having salad for dinner or may be just snacks on our bike ride. I'm happy about the help I got in the yard though. It's too big a job for just me.

Quoting Anonymous: After 3:30 we skip to dinner and ditch lunch. Lol

sstripedmonkey
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Lucky you!! I still have 2 hrs and dinner to go :(

Quoting the_dude:

im getting mine ready for bed... it's past 7 here! yay!!! bedtime coming up quick! 

MommaTurbo
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM

That's pretty much how meals go in the summer months for us! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Thats why I hate sleeping late. It's okay when all the house work is done, but thats a rare occasion lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN