Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your kid is a brat.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 120 Replies
3 moms liked this
Because of you! I took my kids to a restaurant. Right away a kid ( about 5 or 6 yrs old) is running in front of my stroller. The mom was at the table eating with another mom and her kids. The whole meal the mom is threatening " no ice cream" unless he behaves.

Well it was the end of their meal and he had been screaming, running around and being very naughty. The mom says " okay, you are getting a time out"

I look at my older son and laugh. I say " how much you wannabe bet he is getting ice cream" They come back in from the car and he is right back to being naughty. He was literally running around the entire restaurant.

The mom tells the other mom to get the kids in the car while she gets the ice cream.

Now you can't tell me! Maybe he is Special" even if he was she could get him to behave by following through. Empty threats never work. Obviously he has the upper hand and knows how to work her. I've worked with Special Needs children for years and they can be taught to behave! PERIOD!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:05 PM
This mom sounds like me.....my ds is 6 autistic and extremely hyper ...I can't control him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:19 PM
My kid never runs around like that. My husband i went to mcdonalds for lunch of course i share my lunch and frys with my daughter. And my daughter is looking at this one boy and the mom kept telling him to sit on his stool and be good and eat your lunch. Well he kept it up mom grabs him took him to the bath told him to be good or he is sitting in the car till his older brother and her got done eating. Well he did it again well the mom took his food and threw it away. And the kid was crying.
Rhodin
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:20 PM
6 moms liked this
Do you also regularly unleash him on unsuspecting restaurants and buy him treats for bad behavior?

Quoting Anonymous: This mom sounds like me.....my ds is 6 autistic and extremely hyper ...I can't control him.
vanillalattemom
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:20 PM
4 moms liked this
It doesn't matter if they are autistic, if you say "NO" then stick to it. Don't say no if you are going to give in anyway.
teenkabear
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this

AWFUL!!  This is sadly becoming the norm.  Obviously all the mother can manage to get out are empty threats because it didn't work.  I tell my kids once "Do this/don't do this and there will be NO PRIVILEGES" and that's it!!  They get right!  Because they *KNOW* I mean what I say.

Schnauzerlov869
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM
3 moms liked this
I try not to judge how others parent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:25 PM
You don't even know if she gave that's kid ice cream ans how about you keeping your nose at your own table and stop watching other people. That's creepy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this
One of the things I absolutely cannot stand is empty threats. Say no and stand your ground.. It's apart of being a parent.
OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I cannot begin to tell you how much I hate rowdy children at restaurants. If I go out to dinner I want to relax and enjoy myself. The last thing I want is to hear a noisy kid or deal with one running around. It is so rude. 

OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Sometimes you can't help but notice. The OP said the kid was being loud and running all over the restaurant. How do you ignore that? 

Quoting Anonymous: You don't even know if she gave that's kid ice cream ans how about you keeping your nose at your own table and stop watching other people. That's creepy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN