Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Room is done. What do you think?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

ETA:

Okay, this is what we got done for the day. He loves his new room. I don't think the pool noodle trick is going to work. They move around too freely. (Added pics of finished room. Although, we may add some more things to the walls.)

We are putting together Raymond's big boy bedroom. He is so excited that he is just giddy...lol.

I'll show pics of it when we are done.
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Our TVs came with off buttons. I have a feeling OP's TVs probably did too.

Quoting Tnlexiesue: Your son is soooooo adorable! I love his bed! Personally, I would take the TV out- to teach him self calming and to enjoy quiet time.
Cymbeline
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Adorable room for an adorable little guy. I love it.

Tnlexiesue
by Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:57 PM
I was only sharing my personal opinion. We do not do TV's in bedrooms at my house- even though they come with "off" buttons. I loved the bed though. Too much fun to be had in a personal space when there is no distractions - wether it be trucks, Legos, dolls, etc...

Quoting Anonymous: Our TVs came with off buttons. I have a feeling OP's TVs probably did too.

Quoting Tnlexiesue: Your son is soooooo adorable! I love his bed! Personally, I would take the TV out- to teach him self calming and to enjoy quiet time.
theboyfactory
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
He has never really watched TV before. We introduced his first Disney movie tonight while we were setting everything up. He was interested for about 15 minutes. We have the TV and some movies available. His older brothers may want to come in and watch a movie with him occasionally. It turns off. It won't be on often and definitely not at night.

theboyfactory
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:07 PM
Thanks. Raymond is my 5th son, so I have a little experience with potty training. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

It looks great...Very nice.  One word of advice.. Do not go back to Pull Ups or Diapers..use underwear so when he goes, he's wet , he feels wet most kids hate it. Pullups feel just like diapers to kids so not a good idea...If worse comes to worse by thicker training pants  (online) they have a plastic like outer film sort of like what use to be called rubber pants...stick to it..You can give him TREATS for going like maybe1- 2 M & M's or something he likes.

My grandson has been potty trained almost 1 1/2 years to pee..but has refused to poop...until I visited this week,he is 3 he gets a Treat now a piece of chocolate his favorite and so far day 5 he has NOT gone in his pants...YIPPYYYYYY   We make a big fuss and he comes and wants to show everyone his poop;    LMAOO..But it is working. I've done this before with many other kids it does work..and in time you wouldn't have to give treats for poops..you'll be giving them for something else lol......And I am serious them damn PULLUPS cause a lot of training issues..DON'T USE THEM EVER.  worst thing ever made...seriously.

ballerossandra
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Same here

Quoting OrangeDreamPop: I like it all but the tv. I don't agree with tv's in little kids rooms...
theboyfactory
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:08 PM
Thanks. We didn't do that. I think I'll feel better with side rails though.

Quoting TheSilence: If you cut the noodle lengthwise so the it lays flat on the mattress under the sheet it works well. We did that for Felix.
KRIZZ25
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM
i would put side next bed so he can slide when he gets out bed.
theboyfactory
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:10 PM
He'll be okay. :)

Quoting Smh77: May I ask why such a young child has a tv in his bedroom? Just seems like a huge no no to me at that age! But that is just my opinion. ..
mommybear91
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Lol we have that rocking giraffe thing it's creepy though ours randomly goes off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)