Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The summer feeding program that everyone hates

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I took my son a couple of days ago to eat and play on the playground. A lot of older kids came with their friends to hang out, looked like. This is something I don't mind my tax dollars going to.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

damn is that an uncrustable? dont let the peanut nazi moms know that. They will have uncrustables banned from these gov programs and the kids will all be disappointed.

hopeful_leslie
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Im a parent that sees no problem with this at all!! At least children are getting a guaranteed meal
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:52 PM
I know, right? My son actually used to have a peanut allergy, but outgrew it. His allergist said only 10% of kids do.

Quoting Anonymous:

damn is that an uncrustable? dont let the peanut nazi moms know that. They will have uncrustables banned from these gov programs and the kids will all be disappointed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this

the kids may out grow it, but the moms usually don't out grow out of I the mom am special because my kid. lol

Quoting Anonymous: I know, right? My son actually used to have a peanut allergy, but outgrew it. His allergist said only 10% of kids do.
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:54 PM
People hate this program? My son went with his friends one day and hung out at the playground. We live right by the school and there's always lots of kids getting lunch. I'm happy with the program.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:55 PM
Seriously, if it's not one thing it's another.

Quoting Anonymous:

the kids may out grow it, but the moms usually don't out grow out of I the mom am special because my kid. lol

Quoting Anonymous: I know, right? My son actually used to have a peanut allergy, but outgrew it. His allergist said only 10% of kids do.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:56 PM
There was a post a while ago about how it's a waste of precious tax dollars--something or other.

Quoting Anonymous: People hate this program? My son went with his friends one day and hung out at the playground. We live right by the school and there's always lots of kids getting lunch. I'm happy with the program.
Schnauzerlov869
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
No kid should have to go hungry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 8:57 PM
:( I bet it tAkes stress away from many moms knows it's an option

Quoting Anonymous: There was a post a while ago about how it's a waste of precious tax dollars--something or other.

Quoting Anonymous: People hate this program? My son went with his friends one day and hung out at the playground. We live right by the school and there's always lots of kids getting lunch. I'm happy with the program.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN