Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So many of you don't realize this...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
15 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

And it seems a lot of you are what this describes. You all are disrespectful to other people, you have bad attitudes, and bad days. Yet almost in every post about children I see "why do you allow him to act like that" "MY children know better" all because the kid looks at mom wrong.

Find a balance in parenting. Teach them what's appropriate, without forcing them to be little perfect robots.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-BluEydDvl-
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:39 PM
10 moms liked this
I let my kids be grumpy...in another room, lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:41 PM
6 moms liked this

They can have bad days, we all do. What they can't do is mistreat the people around them because of how they're feeling. If the kids can't behave themselves they can have an off day in their bedrooms. 

coavsgrl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:42 PM
2 moms liked this
It's all allowed here...heck I even apologize to my 7 yo for losingy cool
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:42 PM
10 moms liked this
Expecting proper behavior in public is not expecting robotic behavior.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:44 PM
I just get tired of hearing "they're just tired" as an excuse. I get tired too, but it is not an invitation to be a holy terror to those around me!
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

i don't take my grumpy, in-a-bad-mood toddlers out and inflict them on the general population. i make sure they're clean, fed, and well rested before going out. that way, trips to the store are much less daunting.

at home, yes, they have their bad moods. that's usually cue to feed them or something. i don't punish them for having needs.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM
I agree and I have that quote in my phone as well. Instead of punishing my child for having a tantrum, I instead teach him how to appropriately display his emotions. Half of that is walking him through the steps, the other half is mirroring the behaviour myself.
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Even with a bad day or bad mood, I still don't allow myself to treat people with disrespect. And I most certainly do not allow my children to use that excuse.

Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:50 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I like this one too.

I see a lot of parents get angry and frustrated at kids having tantrums. They end up yelling and stopping their feet, the exact same thing they are telling their children not to do...
othermom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:52 PM
2 moms liked this

I let my kids be grumpy and they can be mad, but they do not need a pissy attitude. I will appologize to my kids when I get snappy sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN