Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do i handle this.

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:25 AM
  • 24 Replies
My dh had a stroke in June. He's getting better but there is some changes. Like leaving lights on all night, leaving the milk out without the lid on all night etc... I can live with that. But yesterday we went to the park and he goes off to the pond with ds 5 and I stayed on the grassy area with my other son to play football. Then I look over to check on them and ds is running round the pond by himself and dh is chatting to some people. I'm going back to work soon and I'm worried he won't look after them properly. It's a horrible illness and just wish I had my husband back the way he was.
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:26 AM
I've never had to deal with this so here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oldskool321
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:26 AM
: (
oldskool321
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:27 AM
Thank you.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: I've never had to deal with this so here's a bump
Browncoat4eva
by Mackenzie on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:27 AM

((hugs)) gotta be rough. What does the doctor say, is his memory or ability to focus impaired?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:29 AM
I don't know. I'm afraid my dh will have a stroke too... *hugs*
Hilary799
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:31 AM
Bump
sarastanley88
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:36 AM
Ok well you obviously can't leave him alone with them! what are you going to do???
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Momma,I understand your concern. I would talk to your husband's doctor and your husband about this and see what can be done to make sure that everyone stays safe. This must be so difficult for you and your family. Hugs and Prayers <3

oldskool321
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:37 AM
Yes his left side peripheral vision (not sure on the spelling) he's due an eye test soon to see if he can drive again. But dvla are worried about his blood pressure that's still high. So don't know if he will even be able to do that.

Quoting Browncoat4eva:

((hugs)) gotta be rough. What does the doctor say, is his memory or ability to focus impaired?

oldskool321
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:43 AM
What makes you say that if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting Anonymous: I don't know. I'm afraid my dh will have a stroke too... *hugs*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)