Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sad Update Mom's In Bremerton Washington ~ Public's help needed in search for missing 6-year-old girl

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Kat
  • 49 Replies

Jenise Wright
Jenise Wright

BREMERTON, Wash. —

The Kitsap County Sheriff's Office said the body of a child has been found in the vicinity of a Bremerton mobile home park where missing 6-year-old Jenise Wright was last seen.

Wright was last seen by her family Saturday night, Aug. 2. After the search was initiated, more than 100 officers from 10 agencies, including the FBI, searched for the 6-year-old around the clock.

Authorities said there was no Amber Alert in this case because there is no indication the girl was abducted. She was last seen in her family’s mobile home at 1438 N.E. Steel Creek Drive in East Bremerton.

Family members didn’t start looking for her until 8:30 p.m. Sunday, when they knocked on doors of the mobile home park. Police said Wednesday authorities searched all 103 home and all the residents were cooperative.

Janice’s family called 911 at 9:55 p.m. Sunday. A ground search included police dogs, and investigators also searched with a thermal imaging device. Janice was added to the FBI National Crime Information Center as a missing.

KIRO 7 found Janise's father, James Wright, was charged with molestation in 2000 for inappropriately touching a stepdaughter. He pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of assault.

Police said Wright's family has been notified, and after the scene is processed, the Kitsap County Medical Examiner will identify the victim and cause of death.

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JustMeKat
by Kat on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Bump

JustMeKat
by Kat on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:26 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Was there an amber alert issued I wonder? Disturbing that her family didn't do anything until Sunday night. I hope she is found, I'm near Tacoma but obviously will keep an eye out!
Tee_L
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I live in North Kitsap, shared on my Facebook page.

Praying that she is found safe.

Heaven127
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

What kind of people let their 6 yr old wander the neighborhood????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:35 AM

All night and day ???

Quoting Heaven127:

What kind of people let their 6 yr old wander the neighborhood????

JustMeKat
by Kat on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:36 AM

You Rock !!

Quoting Tee_L:

I live in North Kitsap, shared on my Facebook page.

Praying that she is found safe.

pooh2you1985
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
So they put her to bed at 10 pm on Saturday then when they got up in the morning Sunday she was gone but didn't do anything till 8:30 pm Sunday night... That is fucked up she is only 6 I hope they find her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Probably not. As we found out in Maine when a little girl went missing, there is certain criteria for an Amber Alert to be issued. I don't think this case meet the criteria.

Quoting Anonymous: Was there an amber alert issued I wonder? Disturbing that her family didn't do anything until Sunday night. I hope she is found, I'm near Tacoma but obviously will keep an eye out!
Momtoone07
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I thought I was reading it wrong! Something is up. I would start with the parents. Poor little Peanut..

Quoting pooh2you1985: So they put her to bed at 10 pm on Saturday then when they got up in the morning Sunday she was gone but didn't do anything till 8:30 pm Sunday night... That is fucked up she is only 6 I hope they find her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)