Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Laprascopic Pyleoplasty???

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:44 AM
  • 4 Replies

My 15 year old is having this surgery done to fix a blocked kidney.  Although I'm no "newbie" when it comes to watching her kids have surgical procedures, I'm still kinda freaked out by this.  I guess it's the 4 hour time frame for her surgery.  But I know she will be fine.  But I am curious as to the recovery.  How long can I expect her to be out of school?  She will have a stent in for 6 weeks, but she's had one before, so not too worried about that.

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
4lilbundles
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:49 AM

BUMP!

Endo.girl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:21 AM
Is it laproscopic? If so it won't be too bad. Less painful than the pain of malfunctioning kidneys. The key thing is they fill her belly with carbon dioxide to be able to move the instruments around. This can cause shoulder pain. When she has had the op coca-cola increases urine output to meet the target faster. My Mum found that one out with my first kidney and bladder operation
SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:24 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zacmacsmomm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:49 AM

Yea, it's not an open surgery, so I'm glad about that.  We will only be in hopital for 1 night.  I've had laproscopic procedures done so I know the pain in the shoulder, feels like someone is trying to pull your clavical out lol.  Thank you.

Quoting Endo.girl: Is it laproscopic? If so it won't be too bad. Less painful than the pain of malfunctioning kidneys. The key thing is they fill her belly with carbon dioxide to be able to move the instruments around. This can cause shoulder pain. When she has had the op coca-cola increases urine output to meet the target faster. My Mum found that one out with my first kidney and bladder operation

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN