Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Feeding a group, but one is vegan- WWYD?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM
  • 39 Replies
So this weekend, we're going camping for 4 days. I'm trying to plan meals this week. I need to plan, shop, and prep. My mom is vegan. If you were in my situation, would you plan to feed her or would you ask her to bring her own food? Of course I'm planning on vegetable sides that she could have, but I don't know if that will sustain her. I plan to talk to her and figure it out, but i was just curious. What would you do?
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DensHag
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Just what you are thinking...maybe tell her your plans for food and suggest she bring other things she would like to have.
KenneMaw
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:16 PM
3 moms liked this

I would invite her to join you for planning, shopping and prepping.  :-)

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Yes it is easy.  Lasagna, Quinoa, Salads, PB & J, rice, fruit salad, pasta salad, potato salad, Veggie burgers, veggie hotdogs etc.  As long as you have one non meat item or item that doesn't come from an animal than you are good. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Soak everything in bacon fat!!! YUM!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Lasagna is not vegan. It has cheese.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Yes it is easy.  Lasagna, Quinoa, Salads, PB & J, rice, fruit salad, pasta salad, potato salad, Veggie burgers, veggie hotdogs etc.  As long as you have one non meat item or item that doesn't come from an animal than you are good. 

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a vegan, I just plan my own meals:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:22 PM
There's more than one recipe for lasagna.

Quoting Anonymous: Lasagna is not vegan. It has cheese.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:22 PM
She has the special diet she should bring her own things. She is not your responsibility to take care of.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Yes it can be made Vegan they have vegan cheese.  :)

Quoting Anonymous: Lasagna is not vegan. It has cheese.
Quoting fullxbusymom:

momofthree0429
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:24 PM

This is my life.  My DD is Vegan.  She eats the side dishes that I make.  I use vegan butter.  But I have gotten a lot of vegan cookout recipes from Pinterest, try there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)