Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O If you think it is never ok for your SO to hit you....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

how can you justify hitting your kids?

For all the reasons men shouldn't hit women (superior physical strength, larger size), adults should never hit a child....

If you disagree, I am interested in hearing why.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Easy they are children not adults.  The same rules for adults don't apply for kids. 

Just like nobody could force a adult to the doctors, to get vaccinations, tell them what to eat, tell them when to go to bed, tell them what they can or can't do, tell them they can't leave the yard etc.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Easy they are children not adults.  The same rules for adults don't apply for kids. 

Just like nobody could force a adult to the doctors, to get vaccinations, tell them what to eat, tell them when to go to bed, tell them what they can or can't do, tell them they can't leave the yard etc.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

So it's ok to create an environment for your children where they fear you because you're bigger and stronger?  Because they are "just children?"

Quoting fullxbusymom:

januaryqueen
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
None of my children have ever "feared" me because they have been spanked a handful of times.

Quoting Anonymous:

So it's ok to create an environment for your children where they fear you because you're bigger and stronger?  Because they are "just children?"

Quoting fullxbusymom:

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:38 PM

I can assure you my kids aren't fearful of me because they got a spanking a few times in their lifetime LOL!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Apples and oranges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:40 PM

A child, when acting out or being bad, needs to be punished. While adults don't need to be punished, they are adults and can make your own decisions. Children need guidance. 

iamnameless
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:41 PM
So I shouldn't punish my children because its not right for hubby to punish me? So no more time outs? Children are just that children they don't have the same rights as adults.
Spam72
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:42 PM
I don't get it either
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)