Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion and the Christian update*

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM
  • 125 Replies
3 moms liked this

***This is not my journey; another woman's journey.***

http://www.faithfullyfree.com/christianabortionhelp/

Thinking about this unwanted pregnancy consumed my every thought. I would Google “ways to have a miscarriage” and “natural abortion”, then I would reach out to anyone who would listen and tell them how hard this was for me, but no one seemed to have any answers. My friends would say “God has a plan”, “You’ll be a great mom, God wouldn’t give you more than you can bear”, and “Wait until you see the first ultrasound, that will help make this real”

As I started to progress in my pregnancy and my belly grew, and feet fluttered inside my womb, my heart was changed. I “woke” up to the fact that this was a real person growing inside me, not a problem, a burden, a change in MY plans for my life.

I was carrying a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter and I can’t imagine my life without her!

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:34 AM
7 moms liked this

God has a purpose and plan for all of us, life is the biggest miracle of all, children are a gift from God and it's our responsibility to always nurture and protect them.

booaura
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:39 AM
7 moms liked this
I'm glad things worked out for you. That doesn't mean that for some, abortion isn't the right answer. We all have to do what is right for us at that particular time in our lives. And also, most abortions happen long before any belly appears or flutters are felt. I wish you all the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:39 AM
Sigh
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:40 AM
10 moms liked this
The whole, "God has a plan," and, "He'll never give you more than you can handle," shit just irritates me. Surely that doesn't resonate with those faced with hunger, disease, poverty, and peril.
booaura
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:49 AM
5 moms liked this
Exactly. Or abused children, rape victims, children born with incurable diseases, cancer. So many things, where when people say 'it's god's plan', I just have to shake my head and am grateful I don't believe in a god that is so cruel and vicious.

Quoting justone_jen: The whole, "God has a plan," and, "He'll never give you more than you can handle," shit just irritates me. Surely that doesn't resonate with those faced with hunger, disease, poverty, and peril.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:58 AM
It feels like an excuse, to me. An excuse which diminishes personal struggle. Sometimes life just sucks. Some have it much harder than anyone on this board can comprehend.

I mean, the children, say, in Gaza... Could anyone look them in the eye and tell them this is "part of the plan?" Could anyone justify their heartache with that bullshit? I think not.

Sure, in a country where you have ample resources to care for your child, you could justify an unwanted pregnancy with, "It's all in the plan!" But the world isn't America.

Quoting booaura: Exactly. Or abused children, rape victims, children born with incurable diseases, cancer. So many things, where when people say 'it's god's plan', I just have to shake my head and am grateful I don't believe in a god that is so cruel and vicious.

Quoting justone_jen: The whole, "God has a plan," and, "He'll never give you more than you can handle," shit just irritates me. Surely that doesn't resonate with those faced with hunger, disease, poverty, and peril.
booaura
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:09 AM
6 moms liked this
Even in America though, an unwanted pregnancy can't always be easily handled. I had an abortion with my first pregnancy. I was unplanned, unwanted, and would have ruined my life, or at the very least, made it impossible to be in the position I am in now, which means the children I've had since...I wouldn't have had. So, what was their gods plan? For me to have an unwanted child and end up broke? Provided I survived the pregnancy at all. Or to abort, build a life, be healthy, and go on to have children with a man I'd have never met otherwise? And who are they to say what god's plan is? Since he makes miscarriages happen (essentially murdering children) why are abortions against his will? And who knows his will? It's an easy excuse to justify their own opinions, and forcing their beliefs on others.

Quoting justone_jen: It feels like an excuse, to me. An excuse which diminishes personal struggle. Sometimes life just sucks. Some have it much harder than anyone on this board can comprehend.

I mean, the children, say, in Gaza... Could anyone look them in the eye and tell them this is "part of the plan?" Could anyone justify their heartache with that bullshit? I think not.

Sure, in a country where you have ample resources to care for your child, you could justify an unwanted pregnancy with, "It's all in the plan!" But the world isn't America.

Quoting booaura: Exactly. Or abused children, rape victims, children born with incurable diseases, cancer. So many things, where when people say 'it's god's plan', I just have to shake my head and am grateful I don't believe in a god that is so cruel and vicious.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:33 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree with this.

I had a baby out of wedlock which is considered sin. So is abortion PLEASE NOTE... These are my beliefs. You (not you sweet just in general be this is MC after all). Sin is sin in God's eyes. No sin is greater than anything but YOU can be forgiven.... just as I have! It's my past and all God cares about is my present and future. When one repents all is forgiven and forgotten.

I also believe each of us have a purpose here.... Sometimes you go through things but in the end it only makes you stronger. I've been through hell since the end of 2011. So much brokenness, suffering, depression and pain. I've been in chronic pain for over 2 years. 2 back surgeries. First in 2012 which failed causing more health issues and doubling my pain. Now I'm recovering from a spinal fusion on July 1st. I had 63 stitches removed 3 weeks ago. I have a 50 inch incision. I came home to a hospital bed in my room. Walker to use to walk. Hopefully soon I'll graduate to a cane. Unlike before I cannot walk at the store. Instead I use a transport chair while we wait for a wheelchair (waiting on my insurance to approve it. I bought the transport chair because I needed something NOW. However transport chairs are not as helpful). Plus, someone has to be with me all the time. I have an aide who comes by every My thru Saturday 3.5 hrs a day plus both a psyche nurse and rn visit once a week. What the freak is happening to me???? Ugh so disgusted most days. Still in both chronic and post operative pain. It can be a year or longer before I know if this surgery helped relief some of my pain.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? After everything I've been through with my son and surgeries/pain....... There IS a reason I'm here!!!! Not sure what it is. Some say to share my testimony and encourage others on similar paths. Who knows?

Quoting Sweet_Faith:

God has a purpose and plan for all of us, life is the biggest miracle of all, children are a gift from God and it's our responsibility to always nurture and protect them.

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:23 PM

I'm sorry you had to endure all the pain and suffering and still are going through all this. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like for you. Through this all and despite all the pain and suffering you have become a very strong woman, especially spiritually trusting in God in your life for yourself and your son and that is what sustains you. I agree with everything you said, we all have a purpose and only God knows what it is. I'm still waiting to know what mine is and sometimes it takes a long time to find out because of our stubbornness and our weaknesses because we are only human and not perfect constantly falling all the time like I do. A lot of times God is just waiting on us to make the right choices in our lives and completely give our life over to him with no reservations or compromise. I admit I've been there many times, on fire for God then I stop going to church and sometimes isolate myself going through my daily routine not finding the time to spend with the Lord or others. I'm at that place in my life right now and I know that I NEED God in my life because without him there is no hope in this world and in the world to come.  God knows your heart, he knows your pains, he knows when you cry and wipes your tears every time, he loves you unconditionally. I believe as long as we always strive to do our very best to please the Lord and in our lives trusting in him that everything will fall perfectly in place where he intended us to be when he first created us in our mother's womb. 

You are a very sweet, gentle, kind and caring person with a beautiful heart and God has a very special plan and purpose for your life. Even if it's only being the best mom to your son, that's a blessing and a privledge. What more can you ask for when it comes to our children which God entrusts us with? I will keep you in my prayers, keep the faith momma and keep looking up:)

This is such a beautiful songe words are amazing and will encourgae you in your walk with God, this song is for you and I hope you like it:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE0Dh-cogcU

Quoting blsdTel07: I agree with this. I had a baby out of wedlock which is considered sin. So is abortion PLEASE NOTE... These are my beliefs. You (not you sweet just in general be this is MC after all). Sin is sin in God's eyes. No sin is greater than anything but YOU can be forgiven.... just as I have! It's my past and all God cares about is my present and future. When one repents all is forgiven and forgotten. I also believe each of us have a purpose here.... Sometimes you go through things but in the end it only makes you stronger. I've been through hell since the end of 2011. So much brokenness, suffering, depression and pain. I've been in chronic pain for over 2 years. 2 back surgeries. First in 2012 which failed causing more health issues and doubling my pain. Now I'm recovering from a spinal fusion on July 1st. I had 63 stitches removed 3 weeks ago. I have a 50 inch incision. I came home to a hospital bed in my room. Walker to use to walk. Hopefully soon I'll graduate to a cane. Unlike before I cannot walk at the store. Instead I use a transport chair while we wait for a wheelchair (waiting on my insurance to approve it. I bought the transport chair because I needed something NOW. However transport chairs are not as helpful). Plus, someone has to be with me all the time. I have an aide who comes by every My thru Saturday 3.5 hrs a day plus both a psyche nurse and rn visit once a week. What the freak is happening to me???? Ugh so disgusted most days. Still in both chronic and post operative pain. It can be a year or longer before I know if this surgery helped relief some of my pain. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? After everything I've been through with my son and surgeries/pain....... There IS a reason I'm here!!!! Not sure what it is. Some say to share my testimony and encourage others on similar paths. Who knows?
Quoting Sweet_Faith:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
God has you and your child in his hands and he's watching over you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)