Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is he YOUR son????

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
56 moms liked this
This is a mom site and I know there are moms her with older children. Some are in their early twenties. So, I want to tell you what one of your children did to me today.

I was at the store struggling to get my two kids (3 and 1) into their car seats. I had parked right next to the corral and was just about to put my empty cart away.

I saw a young guy in a ratty shirt with full sleeve tats pull up in the parking spot across from me as I was doing all this. Obviously, I was busy and frazzled and paying zero attention. When I was done, I went to go put my cart away, but it was gone.

He put my cart away for me!!! It was so random and kind, I just started smiling as I pulled away. Who does that???? Like, nobody.

If that was your kid, please hug him for me. It was a really thoughtful little thing, but he made my day.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjhunter
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Awww, how sweet. Definitely not mine but nice to hear stories like that.
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Yay for random acts of kindness :)
When we were at the store, a girl who may have been 18 or so did that for Dh and I. She saw us fighting two rambunctious toddlers :)

It was so sweet. I wanted to hug her right then!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:52 PM
3 moms liked this
That was sweet of him and even more sweet to not make a show about it and do it quietly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:54 PM
He could've been. Either way, it was awesome to know that human kindness is still alive:). It was a really rough day, and I couldn't have been more grateful for the randomness.

Quoting mjhunter: Awww, how sweet. Definitely not mine but nice to hear stories like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:56 PM
I was pretty shocked, I didn't even think he had noticed me struggling over the three year old shrieking for the "PARK!!!". Lol.

Quoting Danesmommy1: That was sweet of him and even more sweet to not make a show about it and do it quietly.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:57 PM
10 moms liked this
That is so sweet. We have an elderly woman on our street that we have adopted as a grandma. She called me the other day because my 11 year old volunteered to bring some things in from her car and then he scooped her litterbox and fixed her some coffee. She offered him a soda and he sat and talked with her for a little while. There are some parents in this world who still raise their children right. It is sad that people are so surprised nowadays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Browncoat4eva
by Mackenzie on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:58 PM

Very sweet. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't even believe it!! I know it's only Monday, but it's been such a crappy week already. Until that, I was just about ready to call TOD on human decency.

Quoting dawnnamarie: Yay for random acts of kindness :)
When we were at the store, a girl who may have been 18 or so did that for Dh and I. She saw us fighting two rambunctious toddlers :)

It was so sweet. I wanted to hug her right then!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:03 PM
In defense of the human race, my husband and I have been car shopping all weekend. So....I've met a pretty large bunch of jerks this weekend:(.

One of them tried to sell us a "certified" minivan with screechy brakes and a crack in the windshield: (. Umm......no.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: That is so sweet. We have an elderly woman on our street that we have adopted as a grandma. She called me the other day because my 11 year old volunteered to bring some things in from her car and then he scooped her litterbox and fixed her some coffee. She offered him a soda and he sat and talked with her for a little while. There are some parents in this world who still raise their children right. It is sad that people are so surprised nowadays.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:05 PM
Also, your son rocks. Hug him anyway. I'm sure he will be helping out my struggling DIL in a few years when she's in this situation:).

Quoting Anonymous: In defense of the human race, my husband and I have been car shopping all weekend. So....I've met a pretty large bunch of jerks this weekend:(.

One of them tried to sell us a "certified" minivan with screechy brakes and a crack in the windshield: (. Umm......no.

Quoting RocknRoll.Rose: That is so sweet. We have an elderly woman on our street that we have adopted as a grandma. She called me the other day because my 11 year old volunteered to bring some things in from her car and then he scooped her litterbox and fixed her some coffee. She offered him a soda and he sat and talked with her for a little while. There are some parents in this world who still raise their children right. It is sad that people are so surprised nowadays.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN