Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You grew out of Santa Claus

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

As a child......

You grew out of Santa Claus

You grew out of the Easter Bunny

You grew  out of the Tooth Fairy

You grew  out of other Fairy Tales and discounted the Gods of the past (Zeus, Horris, Yahweh, Osiris, Elohim, Thor.... ect...)

.......Why didn't you grow out of the idea of God/ Allah ?

AND/OR...

......Do you think the Christian God is the same God of the past (Horris, Yahweh..ect..)

What do you think differentiates your God from Santa Claus/ Zeus/ Horris/ Yahweh...ect..?

Final question: Scenario...if you grew up in India, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, China, (ect..) you may have been brought up to believe a different religion than you did if you grew up in the Americas. So, what makes your God the right God? Thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:39 AM
There is no Santa? Thanks for fucking ruining my night.
deboramomof2
by 💋sweetcandy💋 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:41 AM
Santa and Easter bunny isn't real??

FUCK!!!!
JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I am Santa.

I am the Easter Bunny.

I am the tooth fairy.

I don't give a shit what people believe about God.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Quoting JackieGirl007:

You might if those people made decisions about your child's education, their future health rights, or if those people told your child they would go to hell for masturbating. You might care if those people terrorized your child for not believing in their God or if they made fun of your child in school for being gay/ transgendered. You might care if your child came to you one day and told you she was scared, pregnant, and wanted an abortion. You might care if those people started making laws about the rights of men and women and their wardrobe.

We should all care....

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:58 AM

I make the decisions about my childs education, my kids HAVE been told they were going to hell via tracts handed out at Halloween from a fundamentalist Christian neighbor. Laws about wardrobe? wtf are you talking about?

Live and let live, that is my philosophy. Separation of church and state is there for a reason, and I believe in that. But you going around making fun of people's beliefs is not going to change anything. In fact, you are only making it worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JackieGirl007:

You might if those people made decisions about your child's education, their future health rights, or if those people told your child they would go to hell for masturbating. You might care if those people terrorized your child for not believing in their God or if they made fun of your child in school for being gay/ transgendered. You might care if your child came to you one day and told you she was scared, pregnant, and wanted an abortion. You might care if those people started making laws about the rights of men and women and their wardrobe.

We should all care....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:08 AM

I am not here to make fun of anyone's religious beliefs. Keep in mind, I never mentioned my own beliefs. If I have offended any religion in my post, please show me where in my post I appear that way and I will immediately correct my wording. I am not here to argue or point blame.

Separation of church and state indeed is there for a reason...but look around... it's more complicated than that. Separation of church and state is being challenged everyday in our country. It scares me to think what my own children will have to deal with in their future.

By "laws about wardrobe" I am simply referring to other countries and laws. If you are familiar with Muslim law you would be aware of certain laws that are alive and well due to religion.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

I make the decisions about my childs education, my kids HAVE been told they were going to hell via tracts handed out at Halloween from a fundamentalist Christian neighbor. Laws about wardrobe? wtf are you talking about?

Live and let live, that is my philosophy. Separation of church and state is there for a reason, and I believe in that. But you going around making fun of people's beliefs is not going to change anything. In fact, you are only making it worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JackieGirl007:

We should all care....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:11 AM
I still believe in Santa
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:13 AM

This makes me smile =)

Quoting Anonymous: I still believe in Santa

SendMeBabyDust
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:15 AM
I'm out .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:16 AM

It's a touchy subject. I can understand why.

I hope I didn't give you the idea that I am poking fun at religion. That is not why I made this post at all.

Quoting SendMeBabyDust: I'm out .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)