Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Buying new school clothes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
All these posts have me wondering. What is the big deal? When my kids were in school it was their favorite part of the year, going on a shopping spree and buying new clothes. Even if their old clothes still fit they got new clothes every school year, Christmas and summer.

I never thought twice about it, it was something I did, like paying a bill. Parents make a big deal out of every little thing now.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justone_jen
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:02 AM
I crack up a lot at the uproar over school supplies/clothes.

To be fair, I only see it online.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:05 AM
I heard it at Target. Two moms complaining about everything that needed to be bought. I wanted to interrupt and say "you know it's going to happen, every year, why not prepare early?"

Quoting justone_jen: I crack up a lot at the uproar over school supplies/clothes.

To be fair, I only see it online.
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:09 AM
I just have to buy school uniforms. A few different colored polo shirts (long and short sleeve), a couple pairs of navy slacks, a couple navy skirts and navy knee length shorts. Then I'm done! Her school supply list (1st grade) only has 7 items on it too. I'm not complaining.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:19 AM
I have heard people complain about uniforms. It's crazy. My sister buys in advance, when she sees a sale she will buy several sizes.

Quoting armygirl16: I just have to buy school uniforms. A few different colored polo shirts (long and short sleeve), a couple pairs of navy slacks, a couple navy skirts and navy knee length shorts. Then I'm done! Her school supply list (1st grade) only has 7 items on it too. I'm not complaining.
tracy0812
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:21 AM
The only thing I complain about is that we don't get a supply list until the first day of school. Each teacher sends his/hers home then. No good sales and everything is picked over. I do stock up on notebooks and such, but they all request different colors. Last year almost every class wanted a different binder, size, style, etc. I like school shopping, I just hate waiting!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:23 AM
That does seem crazy that they wait.

Quoting tracy0812: The only thing I complain about is that we don't get a supply list until the first day of school. Each teacher sends his/hers home then. No good sales and everything is picked over. I do stock up on notebooks and such, but they all request different colors. Last year almost every class wanted a different binder, size, style, etc. I like school shopping, I just hate waiting!
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:28 AM
I love taking my son school shopping. It's nostalgic for me as well.
MisfitInTN
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:31 AM
My son wears uniforms so if his uniforms still fit why buy new ones
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:38 AM
We just did school shopping today. My only complaint was that the supplies part was a bit exhausting. But the clothes part was great, due to dd's school using uniforms. 5 shirts, 5 pairs of pants (shorts and skirts aren't allowed) and one zip up jacket, and we were done. All she needs now is a new pair of shoes.
ali_1107
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:41 AM

When I was in school that was MY favorite part about going back to school. I don't understand where all the griping is coming from..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN