Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

the waiting is killing me

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:30 AM
  • 10 Replies
Ok so im pregnant right? Right. Well anyways as soon as I found out I called my doctor to set up an appointment. Even though I have a doula and am planning a home birth, I still like the option of a doctor. I have to wait until the 19th to even get seen!!!! I called on july 15th. Over a month tk see a doctor! I just want to set up an ultrasound to see exactly how far along I am (the past few minths ive had an iffy period.) Ive been puking my guts up for three weeks and now im feeling better already, this usually doesnt happen until closer to my 2nd trimester mark. Both my successful pregnancies before were the same, insane nausea increasing until right around the second trimester. But according to the last time I bled, im supposed to be only 7 weeks along. (That was 2 weeks after the period before that.) So I just want to know if it was implantation bleeding and I further along than I expected or if im just having it easy for a few days. Ive still got 2 weeks before my appointment.
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahfaith123
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:33 AM
It could just be me but your timeline is confusing. I'm tired though. I would just call back - you're just looking for a blood test to confirm your pregnancy?
happymommy1105
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:33 AM
That's not uncommon for a first appt.

Most docs won't see you till 8 weeks unless there are problems
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:35 AM
No im waiting on my first appointment. Im tired too, so it could be comfusing. I havent had any tests other than the home tests.

Quoting sarahfaith123: It could just be me but your timeline is confusing. I'm tired though. I would just call back - you're just looking for a blood test to confirm your pregnancy?
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:36 AM
All of , y previous pregnancies ove been seen within a week of the positive home pregnancy test.

Quoting happymommy1105: That's not uncommon for a first appt.

Most docs won't see you till 8 weeks unless there are problems
booaura
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:37 AM
Most doctors won't see you until closer to 10 weeks anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:39 AM
All of my doctors have seen me within a week of positive tests. So this is abnormal for me.

Quoting booaura: Most doctors won't see you until closer to 10 weeks anyway.
sarahfaith123
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:44 AM
I hope they can see you soon. Congratulations
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:54 AM
You could always go to the er and claim youre cramping and pregnant.
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:57 AM
I don't think they'd tell her how far along she is. Just that everything looks fine.

Quoting Anonymous: You could always go to the er and claim youre cramping and pregnant.
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 5:59 AM
Not to mention that would keep care from people who have actual emergencies lol

Quoting Loveavision: I don't think they'd tell her how far along she is. Just that everything looks fine.

Quoting Anonymous: You could always go to the er and claim youre cramping and pregnant.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)