Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I need to make a choice. need some help...

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM
  • 62 Replies
Our washer and dryer quit on us several months ago and we ended up at rent a center to get a new set. I love my new washer and dryer. Its got lots of buttons and its energy efficient. Its faster than my old model. But, our living room TV has stopped working now. It only comes on when it wants to and some time we go 2-3 days without it working. Its a big TV So it won't be cheap to replace.
Dh was talking with his boss last week about it and his boss said they had a washer and dryer they didn't need. We could have the set. Problem is its probably older like our other set.

So here's my delima should I return the washer and dryer we have now that I love and use the store credit for a 64 inch smart TV? And take the older washer and dryer for free? Or live without the TV so I can keep my precious?
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

I would definitely live without the TV to have a decent washer and dryer.

Azita888
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:43 AM
I would live without the TV or at least compromise on something cheaper than 64 inch...
sarastanley88
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm on the side of don't buy shit you need and don't have the cash for. So I would say keep the washer and dryer, pay off as quickly as possible, and never use rent a center again.
BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:44 AM
Let me also say that the washer and dryer we have will be picked up today and taken for repairs. And we will be given loaners for now. They were used when we got them and the dryer lost its rubber lining the week after we got it and the washer stopped sensing what we were washing the first week.
rgba
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Honestly? I would take the used washer and dryer and get a tv.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JalynSpoon
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Why do you need a 64 inch TV?

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM
I actually like rent a center. Any time we have problems with anything we buy from them they fix it free of charge for as long as we are making payments. And if we decide to give the washer and dryer back then whatever we have paid towards owning it becomes a store credit and will go to whatever else we decide to buy from them.

Quoting sarastanley88: I'm on the side of don't buy shit you need and don't have the cash for. So I would say keep the washer and dryer, pay off as quickly as possible, and never use rent a center again.
STVUstudent
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:47 AM

laundry is more important to me than TV, so I would keep the energy efficient washer/dryer.  you can pick up a smaller TV at Walmart or Target or most anywhere for less than $200... yeah, it's not a 64" SmartTV but where are your priorities?

The older "free" washer and dryer will cost you more to operate, also...

BraydensMama163
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:48 AM
Our entertainment center is huge and a small TV in it looks weird. The entertainment center takes up half of a wall and it was very expensive so I'd like to keep a TV in it that fits the size

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Why do you need a 64 inch TV?

STVUstudent
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:49 AM

LOL... love Rent-A-Center... you pay top dollar for second hand stuff...

Quoting BraydensMama163: Let me also say that the washer and dryer we have will be picked up today and taken for repairs. And we will be given loaners for now. They were used when we got them and the dryer lost its rubber lining the week after we got it and the washer stopped sensing what we were washing the first week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)