Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think mine is broken??

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM
  • 31 Replies
Ok so my dh and I decided to try and be cat people... We got a siamese kitten, and I think something is wrong with it. It wails... very long notes, very loud. It is extremely dependent. It let's me know when to put it in his litter box, and when to take him out... Did I mention it wails? It's voice box is broken or something.. It does this when eating, peeing, pooping, playing, sleeping. I thought a cat was independent, quiet, and laid back lol! Is this a cat thing, or just a siamese thing?? Is mine broken???

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:25 AM
The wailing is a Siamese thing. Mine gripes at everyone all day long. She's pretty independent though. She was more clingy as a kitten.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM
You have to put it in the litter box? What a pain! Lol
fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009: The wailing is a Siamese thing. Mine gripes at everyone all day long. She's pretty independent though. She was more clingy as a kitten.

Omg, the wailing is normal??? My dh is going to cry lol. Does it at least slack off a little??

zeenah
by Zarah on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM

My Maxy is like that. He is very very clingy. 

"It's a boy!" 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Awe, i think its just needy because its a baby. But they are a talkative cat breed. We had one who would have a conversation with you.

bellydancer1984
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:29 AM

i have had a lot of cats and none needed to be put in and taken out of the litter box...i have never had a siamese though....how old is the kitten?

fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Quoting bluebunnybabe: You have to put it in the litter box? What a pain! Lol

Yes! And if you don't do what he tells you, he wails louder! He kind of freaks me out, yet he's so sweet too. It's the tone of the wail, kind of horror movie like.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM
A little but not much. If she's alone in a room she won't do it but as soon as someone walks in she starts in. Or if she's looking for someone or is pissed about something. My 2 year olds first two word sentence was 'hush kitty'. They aren't laid back cats, they're pretty high maintenance.

Quoting fallenangel_353:
Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009: The wailing is a Siamese thing. Mine gripes at everyone all day long. She's pretty independent though. She was more clingy as a kitten.

Omg, the wailing is normal??? My dh is going to cry lol. Does it at least slack off a little??
fallenangel_353
by Nikki on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Quoting bellydancer1984:

i have had a lot of cats and none needed to be put in and taken out of the litter box...i have never had a siamese though....how old is the kitten?

He is roughly 10 weeks. Maybe he's just too young?

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Siamese are talkers...and he will outgrow the dependence when he is more secure in his surroundings

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN