Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DON'T TELL ME IT ISN'T THAT BAD!!!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:38 AM
  • 80 Replies
2 moms liked this
I swear if someone tells me one more time that Plantar Fasciitis isn't that bad I am going to scream!!

3rd time in physical therapy, one of the worstcases they have seen and extremely flat feet so I won't ever be100% better again. It hurts to walk most days and with therapy it will get worse before it gets better. Yet idiots want to tell me I can't use a scooter at the store bc what I have isn't that bad. I seriously want to punch them when they say it.

This has created issues with my hips, pain in my knees and muscle pulling away from my shin bones, just bc you can't physically see the problem doesn't mean there isn't something wrong!!!
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Who would say that?  It's horrible. Then it affects your legs muscles, lower back and sometimes even the muscles in your upper back.

Hope it gets better soon.

sophiesister2
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Just like with depression, unless you know what they feel dont judge! Sorry youre going through that OP
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:40 AM

No, I won't tell you that. I don't suffer from it, but my mom and my MIL both do. My MIL's is not that bad and it totally manageable, but my mom's sometimes is so bad that she can barely walk and that's tough because she HAS to walk at least two city avenues from the train to her job. She can find no shoe that is comfortable and even with the orthotics in place, she sometimes still has issues. I feel bad.

redneck.crazy
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Who says you can't use a scooter?

Can I punch them for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup doesn't matter the shoe for me. I am so frustrated!!!

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

No, I won't tell you that. I don't suffer from it, but my mom and my MIL both do. My MIL's is not that bad and it totally manageable, but my mom's sometimes is so bad that she can barely walk and that's tough because she HAS to walk at least two city avenues from the train to her job. She can find no shoe that is comfortable and even with the orthotics in place, she sometimes still has issues. I feel bad.

Hoppers33
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM
I'm a judgy bitch, but one thing you'll never catch me doing is judging someone using a scooter. Past experience has taught me at least that.

In any case, I don't personally know how bad it hurts, but a girl on dd's track team had it. She had to give up a scholarship because of it. If you're not sucking it up for a free ride to college, it must be painful.
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Some lady who had a mom needing one. I didn't take the ladt one but she made some comment about this is why there are never any scooters at the store for her mom. I was an idiot and asked her what she meant by that and the conversation went from there. I think people don't get that people can hear their backhanded comments they attempt to mumble.

Quoting GotSomeKids:

Who would say that?  It's horrible. Then it affects your legs muscles, lower back and sometimes even the muscles in your upper back.

Hope it gets better soon.

kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Why havent you had surgery?? I had surgery for it in 2007, and have had NO problems since, and I work 12-16 hour shifts on my feet 3-4 days a week.
Reading.Rainbow
by LeVar on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM

Can you get surgery?

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Flat feet is something that can get you out of the military and this is one reason why.

It is hard to make it better, you can't not walk and the isdues van just go all the way up. It is horrible. My therapist winces everytime she rubs out my feet bc of the crunching from all the scar tissue. I also have it in both feet which just well sucks!!

Quoting Hoppers33: I'm a judgy bitch, but one thing you'll never catch me doing is judging someone using a scooter. Past experience has taught me at least that.

In any case, I don't personally know how bad it hurts, but a girl on dd's track team had it. She had to give up a scholarship because of it. If you're not sucking it up for a free ride to college, it must be painful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)