Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm going to rant for a second about my weight!!! (265)

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:26 PM
  • 30 Replies

I suck sometimes at weight loss, I like food, I like good flavor. But I also know what I need to do to lose.  I walk, I bike, I can even jog a mile. 

All things that I couldn't do at 305 pounds.  I am now 265 and while i know some of the fact that I have gained (5) and am not losing is the vacation and the fact that I was sick. 

I have been working my ass off for almost a year and have only lost 40 pounds.

Yeah I have an issue with my thyroid and it seems like every time I lose 10 my thyroid goes crazy. 

But still I can be in the gym days a week and watch every bit of food I eat and it is still a fight to lose even a damn pound!!

I am sick of fighting and frustrated. 

I know that I was sicker when I was heavier, but this is one thing that I just don't think I can accomplish. Which sucks because usually if I want it bad enough I can do it. 

But weight loss, I think its going to beat me. 

I'm not saying I will give up, because I am faster, stronger than I have ever been in my life.  I have fitness goals I want to obtain (pushups and pull ups) but I am never going to be thin.  

ok, rant over. 

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Dreaded hippie on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:30 PM

bump

MRSEML
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:31 PM
Weight watchers has worked for me. I have struggled for years with my weight. At my heaviest I was a size 24. Take it one day at a time, even one hour at a time.
mes_deux_amours
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand. You gotta remember it's journey, at least, that's what I'm told. It's so easy and "fun" to gain it. Make sure you're eating enough. Change up your workouts and don't solely focus on the scale. Keep on going on and you'll lose it.
makenit
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:37 PM
Just try to keep up the working out and eating right.

I am 5'4.. 190. Weighed 235 at my heaviest, got to 160 on a low carb diet... Other health factors meant I had to ditch the Lo carb so some weight has come back. But my blood pressure is 110 over 70, my AIC is 5.5 and cholesterol is perfect. I work out daily and keep track of my food intAke. I've let go of ever being 150 again... But I feel good and my docs say I'm healthy... At 50 my blood work looks like a mid 20 year old.

Keep. Up the solid work. It is good for your mental health
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya.  Going through the same thing, although I haven't ever had my thyroid checked.  I've lost 45 lbs since October and my weight hasn't budged one bit since May.  Incredibly frustrating.

The only alternative though is to give up, and that would just bring the weight back on. 

Goonies never say die. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Are you on synthroid? Your medication may need adjusting. And if you keep it documented through a nutritionalist or endocrinologist, you might qualify for bariatric surgery. My mom went through this...every diet, exercise, a nutritionalist, you name it...and she never lost more than five pounds. Her doc told her she had to struggle twice as hard to lose half the weight. She lost 150lbs with the gastric bypass and kept off 125lbs. Even after my dad died, she kept it off. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Your issues with your thyroid is going to make progress slow going. My recommendation, ignore the scale for a while. Take your measurements instead, its a lots less disconcerting when you see the inches. You have built muscle which weighs more than fat. Another thing to think on is there are 52 weeks a yr 1/2-1 lb a week is a very healthy average weight lose, so going on the high end, your only 12 lbs off of losing a lb a week adding to the thyroid condition, very good weight loss imo. If you stop looking at the overall goal, make small goals such as being able to run a mile in x amount of time, I think you be less down on yourself.
lilsirsmomma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
First, I would like to say I think 40 lbs in one year is awesome and I admire you for that. :)

Second, I get it. It's easy to want to quit when the scale doesn't budge. I am trying to lose too since I had the baby last year. I would like to lose the 10 lbs I have left to lose from my pregnancy and then another 20-30 on top of it. My blood pressure is the issue and I would just like to avoid meds.

Keep fighting the good fight!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:43 PM
40 pounds is great, what are you talking about?! Good job!
I weigh 140 and there is no way IN HELL I could jog a mile. Seriously, you should be proud.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 6:46 PM
40lbs in a year is awesome!!!

I'm 230 and there's no way I could run 1/4 of a mile, let alone a full mile.

Keep up the good work.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)