Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

School Supply list? Nope not doing it. Not kidding.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies

So I'm looking at the school supplies list and I'm seeing the oddest things on the list. My kids haven't even hit middle school and they are requesting highlighters, cases of copy paper, and just random things. At the bottom of this list, I see case of bottled water. REALLY??? NO!

I will tell you what I will send my kids with... notebook paper, pencils, crayons, and their own hand sanitizer. I understand the need for the copy paper but you can just email me any updates.

I wonder how the teacher reacts when kids are not sent with these crazy supplies?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.lovemybebes.
by :) on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Case of bottled water?! That's new to me lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM
I don't buy everything they ask for. And I don't buy for the communal pot. I can afford my kid. I can't afford more than my kid, or I would have had another.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:56 PM

yes they use highlighers, and copy paper.- it is for your kids. and yes they do drink water.  it isn't that big of deal.

mich2.0
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM
15 moms liked this

Seriously? You think paper and highlighters are crazy? I'm so freaking glad I'm not a teacher. I couldn't put up with all you crazy-ass parents.

reynab27
by Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Copy paper isn't just for updates its for school work to be copied on but I don't understand why they want us to supply it js
myshoes
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Case of water is 2.98 here, that's not the one I'd choose to skip.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Nice. Do the teachers ever get upset over it?

Quoting Anonymous: I don't buy everything they ask for. And I don't buy for the communal pot. I can afford my kid. I can't afford more than my kid, or I would have had another.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Give it a rest anon. 

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM

I'm sure there are teachers who have simply resigned themselves to the fact that some parents flat-out won't buy the supplies, rather than asking what they're for and end up paying for them out of their own pockets.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 9:58 PM
They've never said anything to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nice. Do the teachers ever get upset over it?

Quoting Anonymous: I don't buy everything they ask for. And I don't buy for the communal pot. I can afford my kid. I can't afford more than my kid, or I would have had another.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN