Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

OMG this is the school supply list for ONE kid!!!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:08 PM
  • 21 Replies

Mobile Photo

And I'm not bitching. My fiancés oldest is in high school so he will get a supply list the first day but this is the list for his youngest child. I was actually worried it was going to be expensive but that list is fairly cheap.

Where do y'all think I can get this the cheapest? Is walmart still the cheapest or can I get a good deal at staples or Office Depot?
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:10 PM
I am never impressed with school lists. Surely you already have most of that stuff around the house already. That is how you save money;reuse things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:10 PM
That actually looks like it IS for just one kid.

Kudos to your school.

I hear staples is the place to go. Going tomorrow - hope all the sales are not done already.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:11 PM
You never need everything on the first day. I'm sure you can buy batteries for the calculator when they actually die.

After elementary school, I always wait on some stuff anyway. Individual teachers always have specific things they want that are different than the generic list.
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:14 PM

My dd is going into 7th grade this year and her list is way bigger then that.

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Actually we don't because my son who lives with us full time gets to enjoy his extra school supplies over the summer. If and when we start having to pay 100 bucks or more per kid we may change that though.

Quoting tinybluemoon: I am never impressed with school lists. Surely you already have most of that stuff around the house already. That is how you save money;reuse things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:14 PM
But it's also nice to send the kids with new things. New Year, new start. It's not a lot to supply

Quoting tinybluemoon: I am never impressed with school lists. Surely you already have most of that stuff around the house already. That is how you save money;reuse things.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:17 PM
I'm sure there will be more but at the same time his kids go to a school district where most of the kids are on free or reduced lunch so they have to tailor the supply list to the majority.

And before anyone jumps on us because of the school district. Their mother moved them from the school district we are in to the one they are in now. That wasn't our decision and fighting her on it wouldn't have done much good.

Quoting Anonymous: You never need everything on the first day. I'm sure you can buy batteries for the calculator when they actually die.

After elementary school, I always wait on some stuff anyway. Individual teachers always have specific things they want that are different than the generic list.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:18 PM
Not sure what the problem is. That looks like an extremely reasonable and affordable list.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:20 PM
There isn't a problem with it.

Quoting Anonymous: Not sure what the problem is. That looks like an extremely reasonable and affordable list.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:21 PM
When I was in school my mom sent me off with a pencil and trapper keeper lol. Parents didn't have to provide supplies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN