Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I think only one who does this? Do you ever do this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

When you meet new people, do you search for them on Facebook and "stalk" their page, see who your mutual friens are, etc. NO, I'm not asking if you send friend requests (you just met them after all!) but do you search from them on FB?

I do. For example, I hired a tutor for my kid and searched for her on FB and found out she was friends with 2 people I know,  of course I did NOT add her as a friend - that would be wierd - just searched her page.  And the parents of my kid's friends, etc.

I don't do this for everyone though, just some.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:37 PM
I do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:43 PM

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. I don't have a real Facebook,  just a strumpet account for sending books to people.

Plus 99% of the information people post on there about themselves and other friends is quite often misconstrued, altered, staged and sometimes straight out falsified.

Plus I'm apparently a rather boring individual, I don't have any stalker tendencies, or a need to research my friends.

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:44 PM
No
mab05
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:45 PM
No
lilsirsmomma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:45 PM
I learned about this from a coworker of mine. Yeah, I have started looking up profiles of the newbies at work.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:46 PM
No. For me to pay attention to your face book, you pretty much have to be related to me.
juniors.mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Yes I do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Quoting Book.Strumpet:

Nope. I don't have a real Facebook,  just a strumpet account for sending books to people.

Plus 99% of the information people post on there about themselves and other friends is quite often misconstrued, altered, staged and sometimes straight out falsified.

Plus I'm apparently a rather boring individual, I don't have any stalker tendencies, or a need to research my friends.

Thanks, I guess I do feel a need to research my friends LOL.  However, if they were notified that "so and so viewed your page", then I would DEFINITELY not do this ha

Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:51 PM

But, but, I'm your mother from another country and you haven't added me. Oh wait, that's right, oops I don't have a real account. Never mind! Carry on my dear.

Quoting Danesmommy1: No. For me to pay attention to your face book, you pretty much have to be related to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN