Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm seriously getting annoyed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

I think it is my aunt's goal this summer to get me to do something for her. 

Let me explain. My sister watches her children once a week for just a few hours. She has volunteered to do this. Once already this summer she asked if I would pick up her kids and take them to my sister's just to help out. 

I asked her if my sister was busy and she said no, so I said sorry no. If my sister is fine getting them, she will get them. I called my sister and asked her if she was busy and she said no and was confused as to why my aunt would ask me to pick them up. 

Now, my aunt called me and asked if I would watch her kids this week to give my sister a break. I asked her if my sister asked for a break and she said no, it would just be nice for me to do. I said, if my sister wanted a break I would help, but if she is fine then no. 

I don't understand why she thinks that just because I stay home with my kids that I am just open to watch her kids. I didn't volunteer. I don't want to watch her kids. Her kids are so much older than mine and my house is too small for four kids. Also, there would be nothing for them to do here. 

My sister has a really nice swingset, trampoline, bikes, lots of big kid toys because her kids are around the same age. 

I really don't get it. Leave me alone aunt!!! 

Am I wrong to feel this way??

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:57 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:58 PM

bump

coavsgrl
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:58 PM
You're good by me!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Don't worry about it then. If she's that worried about giving your sister a break, she can put her children in day camp and pay like everybody else does! :D
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:01 PM

I know. I am just so annoyed. It feels like she will never give up until her kids go back to school. 

Quoting Anonymous: Don't worry about it then. If she's that worried about giving your sister a break, she can put her children in day camp and pay like everybody else does! :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:03 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:04 PM

BUMP!

chairhead28
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
If it's that annoying just say, the next time your aunt brings something up, "sorry, my sister said she's fine, my kids don't have much in common with yours and my house is too small for four kids." She should get the hint then.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:07 PM
That right there is what you call a grade a entitled user. Keep saying no and stay far away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I know and I hate to say that about my aunt. My sister watched her kids last summer too and my sister would tell me she was acting pretty entitled sometimes. This summer my sister told me she seems to have gotten worse.

She is considering not watching the kids next summer, but feels like she can't because then my aunt will ask my 80 year old grandmother and my grandmother will say yes because she doesn't like confrontation. She's 80 though and doesn't need that stress every week. 

Quoting Anonymous: That right there is what you call a grade a entitled user. Keep saying no and stay far away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN