Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Second wedding (because parents ruined the first)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 137 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you do it?

Options:

Yes

No

Maybe

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 164

View Results

Would you ever do a second wedding because your first one was NOTHING that you wanted?  My mother and father took over my wedding and I just gave up because I just wanted to be married to DH, not to argue about how it was going to be. I wanted a wedding like I am. I wanted it gothic and amazing and on Halloween and my parents said we don't celebrate like that, I would not be wearing a black or red wedding dress and I was only allowed to wear white because this was a church wedding, not a wedding for a harlot. So I just all but gave up control of my wedding to them. Now here DH and I are 4 years later, still happy and all of that, but I always feel like I missed out on my wedding. I wanted it at a castle an hour up the road and to be dark and beautiful but I didn't get that and just feel like I really missed out on that. Now it wouldn't be any time soon because I would want to plan it and make it all exactly right but seeing as 7 years is about the time most married couples break up I figured when we hit 8 years we could do it the way I want to do it this time. No white dress and in a church or any of that.

Would you do it?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:17 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:19 PM
18 moms liked this

Dress I wanted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:22 PM

Similar to it anyways.. Not it but similar.

Quoting Anonymous:

Dress I wanted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, if for no other reason than to aggravate the parents, lol.
Gianna2014
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't. I find second weddings (with the same couple, not second marriages) and vow renewals to be overdone and just an excuse to get gifts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Well Dad is dead now but I know it will make that man spin in his grave. Dad was a baptist pastor (which is why the white wedding) but he was also an abusive POS and only became a kind person when he started dying.

Quoting Anonymous: Yes, if for no other reason than to aggravate the parents, lol.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:25 PM
4 moms liked this

No. The time has passed. I would consider a big anniversary party, but not a 2nd wedding.

MamiJaAyla
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Do it for your 10th... or 8tj jist like 10 b/c its round.... you could put wedding of the decade on invites. Lol.
Love the dress
thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this

No. Seems childish. Maybe I'd wait until year 5 or 10 anniversary and throw a big bash with your theme at a banquet hall or an old mansion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd wait until your 10th anniversary. But I say go for it and have the wedding YOU want!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN