Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so close to having a meltdown..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
This past weekend was just horrible.

I get home from work Saturday night and head down to my neighbor's house to pick up my daughter. Well my friend isn't home, because she's at a concert with her sister that night, but her husband and her kids are.

He asks me if I'd like a drink, so I say sure, because I'm pretty depressed that night. My boyfriend got called out on a fire and I find out he's going to be gone for up to three weeks. So I figured I'd have a couple drinks to try and relax.

Things are going fine, my friend's husband and I are having a conversation and joking around. No big deal, we just got along like that. So, about at about 10, I decide it's time for me to get kiddo and walk home. I'm getting ready to leave and my friend's husband walls over to me and puts his arms around me and starts touching my hair. Wtf?

I had to tell him no at least three times before he would let go of me. All this asshole can say is, "I'm just being silly." Um no..he's trying to take advantage of someone he thinks is drunk (I wasn't) and thinks she'll go for it.

I got my daughter and left as quickly as I could, texting my boyfriend in a panic, trying not to puke. He reassured me that I I'd done the right thing and said I had nothing to be sorry for (I kept apologizing for being there alone and drinking). He was very supportive. He's so wonderful to me, bless him.

Anyway, the next day, after trying to reach her all day, I go back down to my friend's house and ask her to come outside. I told her what happened the night before, and she hugged me and thanked me for telling her and for not going along with her husband. I am relieved that she wasn't mad at me. But I feel horrible because A) I shouldn't have put my self in that kind of situation, and B) This may be the final straw that ends her marriage, even though he's the one at fault. That skeez even had the nerve to blame HER for his behavior.

On top of it all, I'm still getting used to working again, and I miss my man like crazy. I wish he weren't out on this fire, but it's good money. Anyway, this whole situation makes me sick to my stomach. I want to crawl into a hole and never come out.

Sorry for the long rant, I just had to get it out.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't feel bad, it's his fault. Sorry you're stressing!!
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

:(

At least you have a trusting man and a good friend. I am sorry this happened to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Thanks. It's just a fucked up situation that I wish hadn't happened.

Quoting ame85: Don't feel bad, it's his fault. Sorry you're stressing!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:26 PM
Thank you. They are both wonderful people. It feels strange, because until thus point in my life, I haven't had people who care this much.

Quoting 51.50:

At least you have a trusting man and a good friend. I am sorry this happened to you.

theycallmemom4
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Just take a deep breath. You did nothing wrong. It sounds like she was waiting for the final shoe to drop. Hope your SO isn't gone for long.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:33 PM
Thank you. I guess I just needed reassurance. I hope he's not either. Because of work and other things, I've seen him once in the last three weeks. It sucks.

Quoting theycallmemom4:

Just take a deep breath. You did nothing wrong. It sounds like she was waiting for the final shoe to drop. Hope your SO isn't gone for long.

Book.Strumpet
by Fountain.Pirate on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you had to deal with a situation like that. And I'm glad you are safe, and are able to vent about it here.  I really does help, doesn't it?  :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Are you autistic?  I was told by the autism moms on here that  "meltdown" is an  autism term? 

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:54 PM

You know who cares the most when things are at their worst and it looks like you found that.

Enjoy a date night or something when your man comes back:)

Quoting Anonymous: Thank you. They are both wonderful people. It feels strange, because until thus point in my life, I haven't had people who care this much.
Quoting 51.50:

fitegirl
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Good for you for being honest!! I'm betting this isn't the first time he's tried this...what a jerk!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN