Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Maternity leave 18 weeks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
What do you think? Studies show that women need at least 18 weeks to recover. Should employers abide by this?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheSilence
by Tá mé an mó on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:20 PM
4 moms liked this
I like the Canadian leave of 12 months!
JaeMommy07
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:21 PM
I get a year :D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:21 PM
I think 18 years
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:22 PM
What studies?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:24 PM
Local studies here in Indiana done by Dr.'s showed that women are going back to work at 12 weeks and are still not sleeping well and tire easily.

Quoting Anonymous: What studies?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:25 PM
i get up to 27 paid with my employer in texas but thats cause i qualify for pregnancy disability -while still pregnant due to medical reasons - up to 6 weeks post partum non paid fmla. im on week 2 right now of before baby leave and im 31 weeks pregnant on bed rest for preterm labor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Glad you get paid time off. My dh and I had to save a portion of each check

Quoting Anonymous: i get up to 27 paid with my employer in texas but thats cause i qualify for pregnancy disability -while still pregnant due to medical reasons - up to 6 weeks post partum non paid fmla. im on week 2 right now of before baby leave and im 31 weeks pregnant on bed rest for preterm labor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:27 PM
Lol. Because there's a baby at home. Betcha dad isn't sleeping great either. Not for at least a year.

Quoting Anonymous: Local studies here in Indiana done by Dr.'s showed that women are going back to work at 12 weeks and are still not sleeping well and tire easily.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:29 PM
Lol my thoughts exactly.
My ds is 21 weeks old and I have only slept for 6 hours straight once. Lately it's been on 3 at a time

Quoting Anonymous: Lol. Because there's a baby at home. Betcha dad isn't sleeping great either. Not for at least a year.

Quoting Anonymous: Local studies here in Indiana done by Dr.'s showed that women are going back to work at 12 weeks and are still not sleeping well and tire easily.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:30 PM
It was nice for us because my last 6 weeks he got to take his and it evened out for me made my transition easier

Quoting Anonymous: Lol. Because there's a baby at home. Betcha dad isn't sleeping great either. Not for at least a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)