Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Confession: I don't follow most pregnancy guidelines.

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • 189 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you follow the pregnancy guidelines?

Options:

Yes

Sometimes

I do what I want!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 273

View Results

Do you?

- I eat lunch meat without heating it up (I'm a rebel, I know).

- I eat fish whenever and how much I want.

- I don't take prenatal vitamins or any suppliments.

-I sleep on my back.

- I dont stick to a specific diet, I eat when and what I want. (I also exercise at the same intesity)

-I consume just as much caffine as I did before pregnancy (maybe more now).

Obviously, I don't drink, or take medications I shouldn't, but that's kind of it.

That's my confession!

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mummy2Connor
by Karissa on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:05 AM

BUMP!

mommy_Frias
by Bronze Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah im with you on that one
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:07 AM
I follow every single one I could find. But I had emergency surgery and had to take painkillers he could become addicted to, so many class c antibiotics, and there were many chances for me to go into shock from pain and surgery itself so. Though I wish I hadn't I broke some other guidelines
AlleyCat08
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM
3 moms liked this
Meh, my dr tried to convince me to stop handling my horses because I could get injured.. I was handling horses before pregnancy, I will continue. I didn't ride though.
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this

I take prenatal vitamins and cut back on my caffeine intake (went from 12 or more cups of coffee a day to about 2ish) but other than that I don't stick to any spicific guidelines about diet.

Mummy2Connor
by Karissa on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM

How are you now?

Quoting Anonymous: I follow every single one I could find. But I had emergency surgery and had to take painkillers he could become addicted to, so many class c antibiotics, and there were many chances for me to go into shock from pain and surgery itself so. Though I wish I hadn't I broke some other guidelines

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
No, I took vitamins when I remembered and I did stay away from raw sushi. Everything else I did as I wanted. I continues working at the fire dept and with the ambulance. Everything is fine with ds. Dd us fine too .. She IS MISSING a pinky but it's not a big deal and it's not from anything I've done. If I have a 3rd I won't flow guidelines either.
our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I follow most. I rarely eat deli meat but always heat it up, I didn't really drink caffeine before so now I have maybe one caffeinated drink a week, if that. I also take prenatals (I'm anemic so extra iron helps) and I definitely calmed down on the exercise, I've already had losses and had bleeding twice this pregnancy.
.oOMellyOo.
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I was so sick the doctor didn't care what I ate so long as I had calories.

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Good luck. Hope it sticks well this time!

Quoting our.love.story: I follow most. I rarely eat deli meat but always heat it up, I didn't really drink caffeine before so now I have maybe one caffeinated drink a week, if that. I also take prenatals (I'm anemic so extra iron helps) and I definitely calmed down on the exercise, I've already had losses and had bleeding twice this pregnancy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)