Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Horrible Confession-I'm Glad He's Dead

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

I'm married to my 2nd husband. My first husband died in Iraq before my son was born and DH is the only father DS has ever known, we have been married since he was a year old and DS is 5 now. DH does not have any other children and neither do I, although we are hoping to have a biological child of our own soon.

I am not, in any way, shape or form, saying that I'm glad my first husband/DS's dad is dead. But after reading/hearing all these blended family horror stories, I think that it makes it easier to have a blended family. Just the fact that there's no worry over offending the biological parents, no children feeling left out, no step siblings from either side, no getting pulled between two families. I just think we have it a lot easier than a lot of blended families. I think that if the situation had been reversed and my first DH and I divorced,I wouldn't have felt so confident about getting remarried, especially with DS in the picture.

Does  anyone understand where I'm coming from or does thinking that make me a horrible person?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
It's fine for you to feel like that...sorry for your loss
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Then what's up with the title?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Yet your title says *I'm glad he's dead*....
mommy_rios
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I get what your saying. And does makes sense. I don't think your horrible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Thank you so much. He was a wonderful man.

Quoting Anonymous: It's fine for you to feel like that...sorry for your loss

markswife03
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM
What about bio dad's family? Are they up your butt or trying to seek visitation?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Just to draw attention in and get opinions.

Quoting KendallsMommee: Then what's up with the title?

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Pretty shitty thing to say just for attention.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just to draw attention in and get opinions.

Quoting KendallsMommee: Then what's up with the title?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:19 AM

He didn't really have any family. His parents were older. He was 26 when he died and his dad was 82 and his mom was 75,so they're 88 and 81 now. They are both in assisted living and have dementia. DS and I go to visit them twice a month but they barely recognize me and don't understand who DS is.

Quoting markswife03: What about bio dad's family? Are they up your butt or trying to seek visitation?

markswife03
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Well, I'm sorry for their condition, but it's nice you don't have to worry about that. Some states allow grandparents to seek visitation if their adult child has passed away.

Quoting Anonymous:

He didn't really have any family. His parents were older. He was 26 when he died and his dad was 82 and his mom was 75,so they're 88 and 81 now. They are both in assisted living and have dementia. DS and I go to visit them twice a month but they barely recognize me and don't understand who DS is.

Quoting markswife03: What about bio dad's family? Are they up your butt or trying to seek visitation?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN