Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rape isn't a justifiable excuse to have an abortion.

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:31 AM
  • 1238 Replies
33 moms liked this

Pregnancy in the event of rape is not relevant to the case for abortion on demand...To argue for abortion on demand from the hard cases of rape and incest is like trying to argue for the elimination of traffic laws from the fact that one might have to violate some of them in rare circumstances, such as when one's spouse or child needs to be rushed to the hospital. Proving an exception does not establish a general rule.

The unborn entity is not an aggressor when its presence does not endanger its mother's life (as in the case of a tubal pregnancy). It is the rapist who is the aggressor. The unborn entity is just as much an innocent victim as its mother. Hence, abortion cannot be justified on the basis that the unborn is an aggressor.

This argument begs the question by assuming that the unborn is not fully human. For if the unborn is fully human, then we must weigh the relieving of the woman's mental suffering against the right-to-life of an innocent human being. And homicide of another is never justified to relieve one of emotional distress.

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:32 AM
49 moms liked this

I'm going to eat some of my homemade salsa I made tonight...

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:37 AM
73 moms liked this

In the event of a rape, I'd abort. Every time.

NonaScheib38
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:37 AM
11 moms liked this

I agree. I think it's really insanely hypocritical when pro lifers are like "oh yeah abortion is totally murder....but unless it's a really super challenging circumstance, then okay". I mean, what kind of unwanted pregnancy ISN'T a super challenging circumstance for people? It's like, "Yeah, okay, maybe it's not rape persay, but I had big dreams! I don't have the finances! I made one mistake with a guy who wasn't my husband! I shouldn't have to pay for this forever!" Every situation is tough. I think it's all or nothing. You can't shout "MURDER!" at the lady who is pregnant for an accident made in a committed relationship and then coddle and protect the lady who is pregnant from whatever rape situation she was in. 

graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:39 AM
62 moms liked this
So I take it you've never been raped. No one wants to carry the rapists child. Yes I'm speaking from experience. You have the nerve to say that. I hope you're not in that situation EVER
autodidact
by Snarknado on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:39 AM
56 moms liked this

fortunately no one requires your approval.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:40 AM
84 moms liked this

ANY reason for abortion is legitimate if it is the sole decision of the one pregnant. Only she knows what is the right reproductive decision to make for HERSELF.

mommy211983
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:40 AM
3 moms liked this
Omg! Yum I want some!

Quoting Coconutty4Hubby:

I'm going to eat some of my homemade salsa I made tonight...

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:40 AM
54 moms liked this
You know what is a completely legitimate reason for an abortion?

Not wanting to be pregnant regardless of how it came to be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Unborn entity....
slb235
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

How do you think the rapist's child feels?

I hope you're never tempted to murder an innocent one EVER.

Quoting graybealgirl: So I take it you've never been raped. No one wants to carry the rapists child. Yes I'm speaking from experience. You have the nerve to say that. I hope you're not in that situation EVER

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN