Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My darkest confession... (trigger warning)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies

When I was 9 I caught my mother's husband(boyfriend at the time) masturbating to my younger sister's photograph she was 4 years old.  He paid me $40 not to tell my mom. I never told her. Two months  later I caught him molesting the same sister. He paid me $400 this time and I never told anyone. When my sister was 24 she killed herself, left a long letter about how he molested her from age 4 to age 10 and then suddenly stopped because he "found god" but really it was because she started getting boobs and it turned him off. She said the pain plagued her. Worst yet, she never knew that I knew. I still have never said anything. Mom thinks Sis was just crazy and won't belive she's still married to a monster. I talked to him about it tonight, just the two of us it's been over 20 year since Sis killed herself. He thanked me for not telling anyone he said it would have ruined his life. Never once did he stop and think about how he ruined hers. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:44 AM
That's hard to live with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:44 AM
Do you have guilt?
brime98
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:45 AM
3 moms liked this
Um. You need to start talking. He hasnt stopped, there are likely other girls.... :(
An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:45 AM
I tried to think of a really thoughtful way to say what I'm about to say. I can't, so please don't think I'm trying to sound bitchy because I'm not.

Seek therapy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:45 AM

More guilt than you can understand 

Quoting Anonymous: Do you have guilt?

mommy211983
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:45 AM
4 moms liked this
You were 9. He was the abuser and while you didn't make the right choice you were a child. Therapy and forgive yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:45 AM
I can't imagine watching that and saying nothing, seriously. I'd blame myself for my siblings death. Maybe I'm different, but my baby brother is my world, always has been. I'd go to the ends of the world to protect him.
readyforhim
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

this is sad, but you should tell today, this is not a secret, this tortured your sister.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:46 AM

Your sister killed herself because you said nothing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:46 AM
Yeah you have to tell someone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)