Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is this normal after a tubal? (tmi) (PICS)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I had a tubal (they burned the tubes) done Tuesday at 9:45am. Everything with perfect as they said when I woke from recovery. It went from 9am to my release at 11:20..

Well went home and relaxed. And this evening when I went to get ready for bed, and I undresses in bathroom in front the mirror I noticed bruising 4 inches below my belly button. With my discharge papers there is no reference on bruising and such just to keep the incision site dry after showering, and not lift anything heavier than 20 lbs for 2 weeks.

So did you have any type of bruising like that? I'm anemic in general (have bruising where the IV was) but am afaid of maybe bleeding internal or this being a blood vessel or something. I will call the surgical center in the AM

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this

It's normal babe.  They went through the belly button, and the instruments that they inserted left a bruise.  The arm bruise is from the IV they used.  Do you have abdominal pain aside from the tubal?  Are you bloated, weak, dizzy, blacking out?  If not, I wouldn't worry.

allycally
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:21 AM
It looks normal.try not to stress
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:30 AM
No, just pain where the cut is. And it just hurts to go from sitting to standing, I have to hold myself there until I completely stand straight.

Quoting Melissa_4:

It's normal babe.  They went through the belly button, and the instruments that they inserted left a bruise.  The arm bruise is from the IV they used.  Do you have abdominal pain aside from the tubal?  Are you bloated, weak, dizzy, blacking out?  If not, I wouldn't worry.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:33 AM

That's because your fallopian tubes were just severed and burned.  Again, normal.  I had more pain from my TL than from my emergency c-section.

Quoting Anonymous: No, just pain where the cut is. And it just hurts to go from sitting to standing, I have to hold myself there until I completely stand straight.
Quoting Melissa_4:

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 1:34 AM
Ouch!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 6, 2014 at 2:28 AM
I had my gallbladder out in 2009 and I don't remember this much pain and they removed a damn organ and I had a cut Above my belly button and two on the side of the tummy..

Quoting Melissa_4:

That's because your fallopian tubes were just severed and burned.  Again, normal.  I had more pain from my TL than from my emergency c-section.

Quoting Anonymous: No, just pain where the cut is. And it just hurts to go from sitting to standing, I have to hold myself there until I completely stand straight.

Quoting Melissa_4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN